Firearms Tradition and Technological Innovation
- Company Details
- Products & Services
- White Papers
- Press Releases
- Regional Offices
- Contact Company
Belgium-based FN Herstal has a long history of weapon manufacturing excellence dating back to 1889. The company has always focused on innovation and product improvement, resulting in the design, development, production and marketing of a large number of state-of-the-art weapons and associated products.
This accounts for FN Herstal establishing in the last 50 years a position of worldwide leadership in the small arms markets.
Firearms designed for military and law enforcement use
FN Herstal is known as a premium partner and provides military and law enforcement, as well as Special Forces operators, with a complete product range that includes:
- Portable firearms such as the FN Five-seveN® handgun, FN P90® submachine gun, FN SCAR® family of assault and precision rifles, FN MINIMI® 5.56 and 7.62 light machine guns, FN MAG® general purpose machine gun and FN® M2HB-QCB heavy machine gun
- Less lethal devices such as the carbine-size FN 303 or holster-size FN 303 P
- FN® e-novation range including the new FN FCU Mk3 Fire Control System and FN SmartCore® shot counter for FN SCAR® rifles or FN MINIMI® light machine guns and dedicated software for small arms management
- Integrated weapon systems for airborne applications such as pintle mounted and podded systems
- Integrated weapon systems for land and sea applications including the lightweight, compact and highly efficient Medium Vehicle Pintle (MVP)
- Integrated remote weapon stations including the deFNder Light and the deFNder Medium
- A full range of small caliber ammunition
Highly adaptable modular rifle platforms
The SCAR ®-L assault rifle and the SCAR ®-H assault rifle are both available with two different barrel lengths optimised for conducting operations in close quarters combat or standard infantry roles. All SCAR ® barrels can be easily interchanged by the operator in just minutes to instantly meet the requirements of virtually any mission.
The FN40GL ® grenade launcher quickly mounts under the barrel of either SCAR ® platform, providing additional capability to the soldier's firepower, and can be used as a stand-alone weapon as well.
FN Herstal portfolio also includes two models of precision rifles, i.e. FN SCAR®-H PR (foldable buttstock) and FN SCAR®-H TPR (fixed, sniper-type buttstock; T stands for Tactical).
Commonality of training and components throughout SCAR ® family significantly simplifies, and reduces costs for, operator training and maintenance.
The FN® FCU Mk3 Fire Control System for precision targeting
The FN® FCU Mk3 Fire Control Unit ensures immediate target neutralisation in day or night conditions when firing 40mm tube-launched grenades. The FN FCU features an ergonomic and ambidextrous design, and is very easy to use. The FN FCU consists of:
- Laser range finder (LRF): calculates the distance between the shooter and the target
- Clinometer: measures the difference in elevation / depression between the target and the shooter
- Ballistic computer: calculates the angle of launch required
- Moving red reticle sight: gives the correct aiming point
- Weapon cant indicator: indicates when weapon realignment is required
The deFNder Medium for military vehicle defence
The deFNder Medium has been designed to fulfil the force protection mission through fire support and self-defence when mounted onto any vehicle.
The deFNder Medium provides the best ratio depression / elevation range (-40°; 70°) versus height (633mm). The deFNder Medium is the only remote weapon station capable of integrating the exclusive FN Herstal M3P machine gun, which has a unique firing rate of 1,100 rounds per minute.