Modern, high-performance pistols and submachine guns
FN Herstal’s Short Range Weapons are designed for optimal performance and to meet the most demanding specifications of the defence industry.
The FN 509 is an innovative, high-performance pistol that protects users in potentially life-threatening situations.
The FN 509 provides a high level of durability, reliability, and ergonomic design.
- Specially designed for security forces
- Optimal reliability and accuracy
- Fixed 3-dot luminescent sights
- Tactile and visible loaded chamber indicator
- 17-round capacity magazine
- Highly ergonomic:
- Effective non-slip surfaces
- Ambidextrous slide release and safety catch
- Interchangeable backstraps adapt to all hand sizes
- Available with or without manual safety
- Accepts a wide range of 9x19mm ammunition, including the specifically designed FN EP and EPT cartridges
Several accessories fully tested and certified by FN Herstal are proposed with the FN 509 and the FN EP and EPT cartridges.
FN FIVE-SEVEN Tactical MK2 Handgun
Along with the FN P90 submachine gun, the FN Five-seveN Tactical Mk2 handgun and associated cartridge make up the iconic FN 5.7 Weapon System. The FN Five-seveN Tactical Mk2 pistol is designed to be ultra light with a high-capacity magazine.
A number of accessories fully tested and certified by FN Herstal are proposed with the FN Five-seveN Tactical Mk2, in addition to a full range of cartridges.
- Ultra lightweight
- Low recoil, rapid target engagement
- 20-round standard magazine
- Short, light trigger pull
- Optimal reliability
FN P90® submachine gun
This is currently fielded on all continents and all environments. The FN P90 submachine is a compact, lightweight weapon with a magazine capacity of 50 cartridges in 5.7x28mm Nato calibre, meaning it is an ideal personal defense weapon.
FN P90 Standard variant:
- Integrated optical sight without magnification, allowing the user to shoot with both eyes open
- A tritium capsule means performance is fully retained in night/low light conditions
FN P90 Tactical variant:
- Fitted with an upper MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny type rail for optical sights
Both are available with an integrated visible (LV) or infrared (LIR) laser.
- Highly compact, even with magazine fitted
- Fully ambidextrous
- Low recoil firing single shots and full auto
- 50-round magazine
- Available with semi-auto only or selective fire trigger mechanism
- Easy to maintain
- A number of accessories and cartridges fully tested and certified by FN Herstal are proposed with the FN P90