The next issue of the Stay FN® Connected newsletter by Belgiumbased designer and manufacturer of...
Belgium-based FN Herstal, one of the world’s leading designers and manufacturers of small caliber weapons and weapon systems, will showcase its one-stop-shop approach at the Paris Airshow from June 17 to June 23: a unique and integrated range of airborne products and services specifically dedicated to aircraft manufacturers or end users for military use. Also showcased this year, the newly-introduced FN® Airborne Digital Suite that provides military forces with the highest level of operational capability.
FN Herstal will demonstrate its full airborne capabilities and customer centric vision using a helicopter mock-up. The one-stop-shop approach ensures that any end user or OEM will find with FN Herstal a single, reliable source capable of providing and integrating combat-proven crew-served and podded weapon systems as well as services required to equip their new or retrofit their in-service platforms.
The helicopter mockup will integrate the comprehensive FN® Airborne Digital Suite, specifically designed and developed to meet challenging market demands and expectations on integrating machine gun pods into modern platforms. This Suite, ITAR-free and fully integrated into a helicopter mockup at the Paris Air Show, comprises 3 complementary and interconnected components:
1. FN® D-HUD (Digital Head-Up Display): a modern and cost-effective targeting solution to improve precision in firing. It enhances accuracy and situational awareness and reduces the pilot workload. This Digital Head-Up Display is easy to integrate, ergonomic and equipped with high-end optics technology and a ballistic computation solution.
2. FN® D-PC (Digital Pod Controller): this new, fully digital FN Herstal Armament Management System (AMS) is designed to control digital
pods and/or rocket launchers. The FN® D-PC is integrated into the platform and is connected to the pods via MIL-STD-1760 compliant protocol.
3. FN® D-Pod: a self-contained fixed-forward pod system, featuring the well-known .50 cal FN® M3P machine gun, now with digital communication. The .50 cal FN® D-RMP Pod (ammo capacity: 250 rounds and 3 x 2.75″ rocket launcher tubes) will be showcased at the Paris Air Show in Le Bourget. The FN® D-Pod can be operated by either FN® D-PC or on-board non-FN Armament Management System. It allows rapid reconfiguration of helicopters or subsonic aircraft between missions.
FN® Crew-Served Systems
Alongside the Digital Suite for fixed-forward firing weapon systems, the helicopter mockup on display will be equipped with the following airborne crew served weapon systems:
- The FN® LDP Turning Light Door Pintle, featuring the FN MAG® 58M, the worldwide reference in its
category in terms of accuracy and reliability
- The FN® MEP Medium External Pintle, featuring the FN® M3M Mk3+ with a rate of fire of 1,100 RPM.
Naval Group and Kership Select ABC and FN Herstal as Key Suppliers for Belgium and Netherlands Mine Counter Measures Programme
ABC and FN Herstal have been selected as strategic suppliers for the mine counter measures...
Belgium-based designer and manufacturer of small caliber weapons and associated weapon systems and ammunition FN...
The latest newsletter from Belgium-based designer and manufacturer of small caliber weapons, integrated weapon systems...