Radio systems utilising MIMO (multiple-in, multiple-out) technology have become increasingly common over the past several decades, with notable examples being Wi-Fi networks and cellular 3G / 4G LTE and massive MIMO system that make up a large part of our modern communication infrastructure.
Southwest Antennas specialises in the design of rugged antennas and radio frequency (RF) accessory products for modern warfighters.
We focus on providing solutions across a wide range of radio systems, including dismounted tactical radio, vehicle-based, base stations and unmanned vehicles for military, homeland security, federal and state law enforcement, as well as broadcast video applications.
High-frequency antennae for radio spectrum environments
Focusing on products within the DC-8.4GHz frequency range, Southwest Antennas has developed a full line of antennas in the very high-frequency (VHF), ultra-high frequency (UHF), L, S, and C bands for use worldwide in different licensed and unlicensed radio spectrum environments.
These include antennas for:
- Applications with existing and upcoming joint tactical radio system (JTRS) military radio waveform standards, including wideband networking waveform (WNW) and soldier radio waveform (SRW)
- Handheld and manpack radio systems, including body worn antennas
- Omnidirectional communications and global positioning system (GPS)
- Unmanned robotics platforms and operator control units
- Unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) for integration into aircraft and base station antennas for ground communication
- Multi-port mesh radio systems: available products include multiple-input and multiple-output (MIMO) / mobile ad-hoc network (MANET) antennas, including omni-directional antennas and directional panel and sector antennas
- C4ISR systems
- Battlefield simulation systems
- Broadband microwave communications (coded orthogonal frequency division multiplexing (COFDM) and MIMO)
- Electronics warfare and communications intercept (EW and signals intelligence (SIGINT))
- Covert surveillance applications
- Mounting systems for rapid antenna deployment
Omnidirectional antennas for military applications
Southwest Antennas has a full range of omnidirectional antennas for military and defence applications, including tactical radio systems, vehicles, unmanned systems, and ground stations.
- Antennas with 2dBi, 4dBi, or 6dBi of peak gain
- Gooseneck antennas, which can be secured through modular lightweight load-carrying equipment (MOLLE) loops or other tactical clothing if needed. The cylindrical radome provides additional strength, eliminating issues where ‘paddle’ shaped antennas don’t lie flat against the operator’s kit
- Ultra-flex spring mount base with waterproof seal, which can bend and flex upon impact to protect the mated RF connector from damage
- Flange mount antennas for helicopter, aircraft, and ground vehicle use
- Matte black radomes and black chrome RF connectors for low-visibility operations
Antennas for MIMO, MANET, and mesh radio systems
Southwest Antennas is a leading designer of MIMO and MANET antennas for military and federal law enforcement mesh radio systems. These are specially designed for applications involving multi-port tactical radios and mesh network systems.
Improved polarisation and spatial diversity is achieved with slant left / right polarised designs and high-gain directional sector antennas offer beam widths ranging from 56° to 120°.
Omnidirectional antennas are available with a variety of mount and RF connector options. Directional and omnidirectional body worn antenna solutions have been designed for soldier-worn radio systems.
About Southwest Antennas
Established in 2005 in San Diego, California, US, Southwest Antennas has pioneered the development of many technical advances and design techniques that make our products the preferred choice for many military user groups, RF systems integrators, defence contractors and research organisations. We offer more than 1,200 commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) antenna and accessory products, including flexible RF coaxial gooseneck assemblies, RF filter modules, diplexers, triplexers, circulators, isolators, and antenna mounting kits.
Utilising high-quality antennas is a cost-effective way to upgrade the performance of an existing radio systems for better RF link margin and higher data/video throughput across many types of terrain and operating conditions.
Southwest Antennas, a leader in rugged RF and Microwave antenna products and accessories for tactical radio systems, is pleased to announce the release of four new dual-band sector antennas designed for use with multi-port MIMO and MANET radio networks.
Southwest Antennas, a leader in rugged RF and Microwave antenna products and accessories for tactical radio systems, is pleased to announce the release of two new antennas to meet the demand for multi-port MIMO antenna solutions for medium range aircraft performing ISR missions.
Southwest Antennas has announced the release of a pair of new wideband omnidirectional antennas designed specifically for use with current and next-generation multi-band tactical radio systems and MIMO / MANET radios.
Southwest Antennas has announced the appointment of QuantumFlow as the company's new authorised sales representative firm for southern California.
Southwest Antenna's new 4x4 MIMO 4.4 – 5.0 GHz C-Band omnidirectional antenna with integrated magnetic base is designed specifically for multi-antenna MIMO and MANET radio systems and rapid deployment applications.
The new S and C dual-band Omni Antenna with flange mount base can operate across both the 2.1GHz - 2.5GHz S-Band and 4.4GHz - 5.9GHz C-Band frequency ranges, and is ideal for unlicensed ISM bands for broadcast use and licensed DOD, Federal Law Enforcement, Homeland Security, and NATO bands.
Southwest Antennas has released a new addition to our expanding line of antenna products that include integrated filters to help improve the performance of attached radio systems in RF-congested environments such as cities or other urban areas, military bases, government facilities, and more.
Southwest Antennas has released a new Ultra-Flex omni-directional dipole antenna for low L-Band applications, featuring a black chrome TNC(f) radio-frequency (RF) connector.
Earlier this year new rules were proposed for government credit card purchases. Section 806 of the 2018 National Defense Authorization Act increases the micropurchase threshold for products purchased by civilian agencies from $3,000 to $10,000.
We're pleased to announce that our new head office and manufacturing facility will be opening in May 2018. The new location doubles our manufacturing and office space, giving us some much-needed room as we continue to grow and expand our operations.
Southwest Antennas, an industry leader in rugged antenna solutions, has released a new line of VHF and UHF band omni-directional antennas designed for outdoor infrastructure and base station use.
Southwest Antennas, an industry leader in rugged antenna and radio frequency (RF) accessory products for military and defence communication systems, has released a new line of multi-band antenna solutions designed to cover several popular sub-bands across the L, S, and C Bands.
Southwest Antennas, an industry leader in innovative rugged antenna products, has released a new line of omni-directional antenna solutions designed specifically for existing and upcoming JTRS military radio waveform standards that utilise the UHF, L, and S Bands, such as the Wideband Networking Waveform (WNW) and Soldier Radio Waveform (SRW).