New Dual-Band Sector Antennas for Multi-Band MIMO and MANET Communication Networks
Southwest Antennas, a leader in rugged RF and Microwave antenna products and accessories for tactical radio systems, is pleased to announce the release of four new dual-band sector antennas designed for use with multi-port MIMO and MANET radio networks.
The innovative dual-band sector antenna design allow these antennas to operate across two distinct frequency bands, enabling dual-band transmit and receive capabilities when paired with radio systems capable of multi-band operation.
Dual-band operation allows for many advanced network configurations and features, including rapid band-switching for anti-jamming applications in contested RF environments, separating network traffic by band based on environmental operating conditions, or other uses depending on the feature set of the attached radio. Combining coverage of two bands into a single antenna simplifies network design and deployment.
A choice of 90 or 120 degree azimuth beamwidth enables network designs to be configured for smaller or larger operating areas depending on coverage area needs. Several antennas can be deployed together for complete 360 degree area coverage. Slant left and slant right element design aids polarization and spatial diversity for improved multi-path performance for MIMO and MANET radio systems when deployed in RF reflective environments, such as urban areas.
Rugged, all-weather design and included mounting kits with adjustable downtilt make these antennas ideal for permanent installation on buildings or communication towers. These can also be deployed as part of temporary rapid-response operations when mounted to tripods or masts.
Full specifications for each antenna can be viewed on the Southwest Antennas website:
- Part # 1009-064: Dual-Band 2X2 MIMO 90° Sector Panel Antenna, Slant L/R Polarized, 2.2 – 2.5 GHz / 5.725 – 5.875 GHz, 13 dBi Gain
- Part # 1009-065: Dual-Band 2X2 MIMO 90° Sector Panel Antenna, Slant L/R Polarized, 1.35 – 1.40 GHz / 4.4 – 5.0 GHz, 13.7 dBi Gain
- Part # 1009-066: Dual-Band 2X2 MIMO 120° Sector Panel Antenna, Slant L/R Polarized, 2.2 – 2.5 GHz / 5.725 – 5.875 GHz, 10.2 dBi Gain
- Part # 1009-067: Dual-Band 2X2 MIMO 120° Sector Panel Antenna, Slant L/R Polarized, 1.35 – 1.40 GHz / 4.4 – 5.0 GHz, 12.0 dBi Gain
- 2X2 MIMO / MANET Radio Systems
- Wireless Infrastructure Base Stations
- Planned City Wide / Urban Area Mesh Radio Networks
- Private LTE Networks
- Rapid Deploy Networks for Event Management and Security
- Tactical Radio Network Infrastructure
- Point-to-Point Back Haul MIMO Radio Links
- Emergency Management & Public Safety
- Dismounted user and vehicle communication
- Unmanned system ground stations
About Southwest Antennas
Southwest Antennas specializes in the design and manufacture of rugged, high-performance RF and Microwave antennas, accessory products, and customized antenna solutions built for today’s demanding communication environments. Founded in 2005 and headquartered in San Diego, California, Southwest Antennas offers over 2,000 standard products for broadcast video, military / defense, law enforcement, homeland security, surveillance, aerospace, transportation, and oil and gas markets.