Target Logistics, the largest turnkey workforce housing provider in the US, will hold the grand opening and ribbon cutting of its Watford City Lodge on Thursday, 21 February at 5.30pm. The lodge is designed to accommodate the ever-growing workforce in the Bakken and now provides much-needed housing for 334 oil, gas and pipeline workers – with an additional 300 bedrooms planned for this summer.
"Keeping workers comfortable, well fed and safe comprise what we describe as ‘The Economics of Comfort™’," says Target Logistics founder and CEO Brian Lash. "We have proven that this directly results in increased productivity, lower attrition and fewer onsite accidents – all leading to a better return on investment for our clients."
Located at 2509 14th Street NW in Watford City (approximately two miles north on County Road 35 off of US Highway 85N), the Watford City Lodge employs approximately 30 people and features:
- 334 bedrooms with private or Jack and Jill bathrooms
- Target Logistics Hibernator Sleep System™ with pillow-top mattresses
- 36in flat-screen televisions with cable access and DVD players, free Wi-Fi throughout
- Desk, chair and wardrobe in every room
- Individually climate controlled rooms
- Kitchen and dining area open 24-hours serving three hot meals daily
- Game and recreation room with televisions, gaming tables and internet café
- Gym with state-of-the-art equipment, sauna
- Housekeeping services
- Complimentary self-service laundry with free detergent
- Target Market™ convenience store
- Secure well-lit parking, 24hr security, controlled entry access cards
"Target Logistics is new to Watford City and McKenzie County and we intend to be a valued addition to the area," says Lash. "We embrace an enthusiastic sense of corporate citizenship toward the communities and environments in which Target Logistics operates."
With the addition of the Watford City Lodge, Target Logistics operates 16 properties in North America with more than 5,600 total beds. Additional properties will begin construction in 2013.