Target Logistics, the largest turnkey workforce housing provider in the US, will hold the grand opening and ribbon cutting of its Pecos Lodge on Thursday, 17 January at 5.30pm. The lodge is designed to help accommodate the ever-growing workforce in the Permian Basin and will provide home-style accommodations for up to 200 oil, gas and pipeline workers.
"This is our second opening in Texas," says Target Logistics founder and CEO Brian Lash. "The guest experience at the Pecos Lodge, like our other properties, is customized to the climate and geography. Here guests will enjoy an outdoor swimming pool, barbecue areas, horseshoe pits and a basketball court."
Located at 23 County Road 116 in Pecos (south-west side of US Hwy 285 and County Road 116 just south of Interstate 20), the Pecos Lodge employs approximately 20 people and features:
- 90 bedrooms in Phase One with private bathrooms
- Target Logistics Hibernator Sleep System™ with pillow-top full-size mattresses
- Individual climate controls, ceiling fans, desks, chairs and full-size closets
- 37in flat-screen televisions with cable access and DVD players, free Wi-Fi throughout
- Kitchen and dining area open 24hr serving three hot meals daily
- Outdoor swimming pool, barbecue areas, horseshoe pits and basketball court
- Recreation building with televisions, pool tables, ping pong and gym with state-of-the-art equipment
- Housekeeping services and free self-service laundry
- Target Market™ convenience store
- Community meeting room
- Secure well-lit parking, 24hr security and controlled entry access cards
"Keeping workers comfortable, well fed and safe comprise what we describe as ‘the Target Logistics Economics of Comfort™’," Lash says. "This directly results in increased productivity, lower attrition and fewer onsite accidents – all leading to a better return on investment for our clients."
With the addition of the Pecos Lodge, Target Logistics operates 16 properties in North America with more than 5,600 total beds. Additional properties, including the 1,000-bed Odessa Lodge, will begin construction in 2013.