Rubb’s military hangars and shelters are designed to be rapidly deployed and quickly constructed anywhere...
Rubb Buildings is an innovating world leader when it comes to the design, manufacture and delivery of relocatable helicopter, fixed wing aircraft and military storage ‘super hangar’ systems.
Rubb will be promoting its Expeditionary Forces Aircraft Shelter System (EFASS) at Stand C6-002, at IDEX at ADNEC, Abu Dhabi, UAE, from 17-21 February 2013.
The EFASS shelter system, which features hangars, sunshades and warehouses, is uniquely suitable for the military services, designed to be rapidly deployed and quickly erected anywhere in the world.
General manager Ian Hindmoor said: "This will be our second time exhibiting the EFASS range at IDEX. This range of military buildings really pushes the boundaries and is in a league of its own when it comes to the rapid deployment of robust and reliable shelters, hangars, warehouses and sunshades. It provides protection to personnel and vital equipment in the most challenging of environments. It also offers some unique qualities including new state-of-the-art door options and crane technology."
Each hangar can be rapidly constructed using a number of steel fabricated components together with uniquely designed aluminum roof and leg sections, that bolt together to form the span trusses. When assembled, tough PVC-coated polyester fabric sheets slide between the aluminium extrusions of adjacent spans, to form the shelter. Rubb Buildings will be showcasing all the latest innovations the EFASS range has to offer including new door configurations and combinations used in recent military operations.
Ian added: "We have been busy working on an exciting aircraft hangar project for Horizon International Flight Academy in Al Ain, UAE. Rubb provided three 24m x 36m steel and aluminium hybrid EFASS structures to Horizon and we are looking forward to showcasing this project and meeting new clients. IDEX is the ideal platform to do this and is part of our ongoing strategy to meet military requirements nationally and internationally."
Structures are available in three spans: 11.1m (36ft), 20.4m (67ft), 25m (82ft), by any length, with multiple door options. They pack into 20ft ISO containers ready for transport by sea or air. With unmatched engineered fabric structures currently in action across the globe, Rubb has the ideal solution to military and defence application requirements.
Rubb has been meeting the needs of the UK Ministry of Defence for more than 30 years and has the expertise and facilities to custom make an extensive range of military hangars, buildings, shelters and sunshades to individual specifications. Rubb has also supplied military buildings to USA, UAE and Canadian forces. Rubb Military products are designed and manufactured in Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, UK.
- State-of-the-art door options: Heli-Door, Trident and Roller Shutter options
- Innovative roof mounted crane provides optimal operational capability
- Superior aluminium structural frame: 6082 T6 aluminium is annodised black and steel components are hot dip galvanised to protect from corrosion
- Supplied with integral foundation arrangements to securely anchor structures to the ground
- High strength, heavy weight, coated, military standard fire retardant fabrics from proven suppliers
- Flexible membrane and aluminium design allows installation on uneven or sloping sites
- Clear span space to accommodate a wide variety of rotary and fixed wing aircraft and land vehicles
- Structures can be insulated, heated or air conditioned to provide a perfect operating environment whatever the climate
- Client support from Rubb technicians from quotation to installation and beyond
Military organisations around the world are upgrading their fast jet fleets, including the UAE forces....
Only eight of the 29 Nato member countries are expected to reach the alliance's spending...