The Dewey Electronics’ hybrid generator power system was shown at the Modern Day Marine Expo in Quantico, VA, on 28-30 September.
The system consists of the following man-portable military hardware:
- 4.0kW 28V DC diesel generator
- DC/AC inverter with peak output of 10kW and extended operation at 7kW
- 300A/hr li ion battery pack
The hybrid design achieves optimal fuel efficiency at all loads while also acting as an uninterruptible power supply. The system accepts charging from the host generator as well as the grid. It is also ideal for use as the underlying power plant is supporting renewable energy sources such as solar and wind power.
The system incorporates a number of capabilities that Dewey has been developing over the past year. They include:
- DC to AC inverters
- Auto start and auto shut down of the generator
- Accurate monitoring of battery state of charge and discharge
- Optimized battery management
- System parallelization
- Remote monitoring
The hybrid generator power system follows in the Dewey tradition of man-portable compact diesel power intended for the battlefield.