Boxed Rugged 5-Port and 8-Port Managed Swiss-Made Gigabit Switch
MPL enhances its Network Switch product range with a 5-port and 8-port managed switch with compact enclosure. The new versatile 5-port and 8-port MAGBES consists of various models and can be equipped with RJ45, M12, fibre connectors, or even lockable headers.
The eighth ports comes either with RJ45 or M12 connectors (X-coded or D-coded), of which four ports can be fibre optic.
By the 5-port version, two ports can be fibre optic. The enclosure comes with DIN-Rail or Flange mounting. All ports have status LEDs, indicating the activity and speed of each port and can be seen externally. The indication signals can also be accessed remote, same applies for reset and default setting.
A new feature is, that the copper Ethernet ports are now available on lockable headers for stand-alone products. The input voltage range for the switch is from 5VDC – 36VDC (optionally redundant power input, galvanic isolation or different power input ranges) and uses under any condition less than 8W (5-port switch less then 4W). Options available include coating and bonding.
The 5-port and 8-port MAGBES solution is extremely compact and can be used as:
- Boxed version with DIN-Rail or Flange mounting
- Extreme rugged MIL solution with enclosure and connectors of your choice
- Open Frame solution with lockable headers or RJ45 connectors
Similar to other Networking products, the versatile design allows different combinations of of the five and eight ports. The implementation of the fibre ports on hot pluggable SFP slots enhances the versatility further, due to the wide range of different SFPs available on the market. The MAGBES supports all SFPs that are MSA compliant and Ethernet compatible.
The MAGBES products support features such as:
- Configurable via Web Interface or command line interface
- Port-based and IEEE 802.1Q VLAN
- IEEE 802.1X MAC address checking
- Quality of service
- TLS (HTTPS)
- IGMPv3 snooping
- SNMP V1, V2c, V3 Support
- Port monitoring
- Firmware update via Web Interface
- Downloadable and uploadable configuration files in XML format
- Fanless operation in environments from -40°C to 85°C
- Digital diagnostic monitoring (DDM) according to SFF-8472 (models with SFP slot)
The MAGBES is 100% designed and produced by MPL in Switzerland. The MAGBES is designed to meet IEC60945, EN50155, CE, and MIL-STD-810 standards, as with all other Networking and Embedded Computer products from MPL.
For more specific information, please contact MPL.