Kinetics established in 1985, is a world-leader in the area of heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems / environmental control systems (ECS), individual crew and equipment cooling systems (ICECS), NBC / CBRN protection, life support systems (LSS), auxiliary power units (APU) and military and airborne hydraulic systems.
Kinetics develops, qualifies, produces and fields systems and components for a wide range of tracked and wheeled armored vehicles as well as for many other stationary and airborne military platforms. These include main battle tanks (MBT), self propelled howitzers (SPH), armored / infantry fighting vehicles (AFV / IFV), armored personnel carriers (APC), mine resistant ambush protected vehicles (MRAP), tactical and tactical support vehicles (TV / TSV), utility and utility support vehicles (UV / USV), rocket launchers, shelters, tents, helicopters and aircraft.
HVAC systems and ICECS
Kinetics’ HVACs systems and ICECS are heavy duty systems for operations in extreme temperatures, combined with high humidity and heavy dust conditions. HVAC / ICECS are provided as stand-alone systems or integrated within a comprehensive life support system (LSS) that can include also NBC / CBRN protection and detection, auxiliary power unit (APU) and automatic fire suppression system (AFSS).
Cabin environmental control units
Kinetics’ HVACs keep the cabin conditions comfortable under the most extreme environmental conditions as defined in NATO STANAG 2895 (or equivalent standards). This maintenance free system also provides dust free fresh air to the cabin as required per military standards.
The ICECS was developed by Kinetics for the MERKAVA 3 and 4 MBTs. The system has been fielded since 1997 providing crew and equipment cooling for special applications (e.g. MBT, SPH, helicopter, etc). The individual crew cooling is achieved by unique air-cooled vests or NBC / fire resistant overalls.
Cabin cooling systems
The ICECS is an excellent solution in situations where:
- Power and space for a cabin cooling system is very limited and does not allow sufficient cooling. ICECS offers up to 70% of power saving compared to the conventional cabin cooling
- The vehicle has to be operated with open hatches / doors making the cabin cooling ineffective
Main features of Kinetics’ HVACs and ICECS include:
- Advanced Kinetics’ Maintenance Free Dust Removal Technology assures continuous, high performance operation in heavy dust conditions, without a need to frequently clean the barrier filters
- Self-cleaning heat exchangers remove the residual dust and keep the system’s performance at its maximum during operation in heavy dust conditions
- Computerized control systems provide flexibility and allows easy updating of operational features in the field
- Networking with the main vehicle’s computer assures excellent user interface
- Diagnostics systems for easy maintenance