Diamond has developed the new rugged MIL-83526 Diamond multipurpose (DM) connector featuring the DM insert for superior optical performance.
This connector is extremely well suited for adverse environments and other demanding applications. The MIL-83526 DM4 connector incorporates four termini utilising Diamond’s two-component ferrules, assembled with the company’s Active Core Alignment (ACA) process for unparalleled fibre core concentricity. This connector is also available with electrical contacts for hybrid E/O applications.
The MIL-83526 DM connector is available for MM, SM (PC/APC) and small-core single mode fibre, polarisation-maintaining (PM) fibre, and other specialist fibre types.
Furthermore, Diamond’s splice-on termini can be field terminated with the Diamond ZEUS D50 HE fusion splicer, allowing for in-service repairs and custom installation.
Features and benefits:
- Rugged construction for highly reliable optical connections
- IP class: IP68 rated
- Easy ferrule front-face access for cleaning and inspection
- Keyed, self aligning, connector housing aides in ‘blind mating’ applications
- Electrical pin size 20 AWG
- Easy termini insertion and removal for field termination and repair