Diamond has developed an advanced COTS MIL-38999 connector that demonstrates exceptional performance in demanding optical applications. For the first time, rugged 38999 connectors are available for use with small-core single-mode fibre, polarisation-maintaining (PM) fibre, and other specialist fibre types.
Built around the innovative Diamond Multipurpose (DM) insert, the connector incorporates four termini with Diamond’s two-component ferrules, assembled with the company’s Active Core Alignment (ACA) process for unparalleled core concentricity. Also available are electrical contacts for hybrid E/O applications.
Furthermore, Diamond splice-on termini for repairs can be field terminated with the Diamond ZEUS D50 HE fusion splicer.
Features and benefits:
- Up to four channels on size 13 shells (according to MIL std., 38999 series III)
- Based on standard 2.5mm PC and APC version Alberinos with integrated spring to prevent termini separation
- Compatible with tight cable construction, semi loose cable / fibre construction
- Compatible with several fibre types such as MM, SM, PM, small-core fibres
- Steady and repeatable low IL and high-return loss
- High and steady ER when terminated with PM fibre
- IP 67 rated enclosures (connector and bulkhead)
- Hybrid, E/O termini. Electrical pins 20 AWG
- Easy ferrule front-face access for cleaning and inspection
- Easy termini insertion-end removal for field termination and repair