The Diamond X-BEAM is a genderless tactical fibre-optic connector that uses lens-based expanded beam technology for ease of cleaning and mating in outdoor applications. The X-BEAM expands and collimates the transmission signal at the mating point.
The expanded beam technology reduces the impact of both misalignment and endface contamination. The lens system encloses and protects the fibre-end face, allowing the connector to be quickly cleaned and mated in the field without special tools. Genderless construction helps simplify use under adverse conditions.
The X-BEAM connector is an ideal choice for use within adverse environments such as field-deployable communications, mobile diagnostic units, avionics, security systems and much more.
The Diamond X-BEAM 4 channels connector is terminated with Diamond’s homologated MM and SM cable.
(Customer cable assemblies available upon request)
Features and benefits:
- Rugged construction for high-reliable optical connections
- IP 68 rated enclosure, IEC 60529 compliant
- Intermateable with connectors compliant with MIL-DTL83526/20/21
- High-tolerance connector housings
- Easily mated, repeatable, low-loss connections
- Integrated expanded beam lens system
- Protects the fibre endface and improves optical performance in adverse environment applications
- Keyed, self aligning, connector housing
- Aids in ‘blind mating’ applications