Codan Radio Communications High-Frequency and Land Mobile Radio Tactical Communications for Military Environments
Codan Radio Communications is a leading designer and manufacturer of high-quality communications equipment for high-frequency (HF) and land mobile radio (LMR) applications.
HF transceivers and LMR radio systems for advanced communications
We offer a range of HF transceivers for any combination of base station, vehicular and portable requirements. Combined with our full accessory range, these transceivers offer an extensive range of advanced abilities, such as interoperability, security, GPS tracking, chat, fax, email, data and voice communications.
Codan also provides LMR digital and analog P25 radio systems, which exceed industry standards and are renowned for their ruggedness, transportability and low-power consumption, making them able to survive in the most adverse environments.
Long-range digital communications for tactical deployments
Codan’s long-range digital radio (LRDR) technology is an evolution from standard HF, utilising the HF spectrum to provide superior voice quality and data transmission, providing the user with a communications experience with the clarity and ease of cellular and digital land mobile communications.
Our HF products have been designed and manufactured to endure the most challenging conditions. They are renowned for:
- Ease of use: Codan products are intuitive to use, easy to train and supply simple solutions to complex communications problems.
- High reliability: We relentlessly focus on high-reliability solutions, ensuring you can communicate when necessary.
- Low-power consumption: Codan products are built with low-power consumption resulting in continuous operation and a long-lasting battery life and continuous operation for an extended period. With solar power options available, Codan products ensure the full communications availability.
- Rugged design and operation: Our products are built for the most adverse conditions, typically withstanding -30°C to 60°C temperatures.
Our range of tactical communications products include:
- Manpack radios
- Base stations
- Vehicular radios
- Tactical repeaters
- Rapid deployment masts
- Tactical antennas and whips
- Power amplifiers
- Power supplies
- Data and email applications
- Transportable systems
- Interoperability gateways
Patrol HF Manpack for tactical operations
The Patrol 2110M HF Manpack provides secure, clear and reliable voice and data communications without reliance on installed infrastructure. The Patrol 2110M is the lightest HF manpack available, with a battery life of up to 65 hours. It can be deployed as a portable, vehicular and / or base station solution, providing interoperability with other radios in a network.
Key features of the Patrol 2110M include:
- Digital voice: Codan’s second generation digital voice supersedes MELPe technology, providing clear and intelligible speech in the toughest conditions.
- Rugged smart handset: Full functionality of the Manpack is possible from a tough handset, ergonomically designed to suit tactical operations and user requirements for readability, contaminants resistance and resilience to heavy use.
- Long battery life: Patrol has the lowest power consumption of any available HF manpack, providing continuous operation for up to 65 hours and negating the need to carry spare batteries.
- Lightweight and tough: The Patrol 2110M weights only 2.9kg, the lightest in its class. Built from reinforced plastics and aluminium, it is strong enough to operate in temperatures from -40°C to 70°C and complies with the environmental standard MIL-STD-810.
- Voice and data encryption: Patrol manpacks include encryption options for data and voice communications confidentiality including AES-256 and frequency hopping, preventing third party monitoring of communications.
About Codan Radio Communications
Codan was founded in 1959 in Adelaide, South Australia. Our integrated communications solutions draw on our unmatched abilities over professional grade LMR infrastructure and HF radio. This enables Codan to provide flexible and easy configurations that solve problems others can’t.
Codan’s HF radios were first used by the Royal Flying Doctor Service, followed by rapid growth that has resulted in Codan Radio today exporting to more than 150 countries, supporting military forces, border security, terrorism response, civilian protection, disaster recovery, emergency services, peacekeeping and national security operations.
We have built our reputation for reliability and customer satisfaction within more than 50 years of radio communications, in some of the toughest conditions on the planet.
Our global customer satisfaction is achieved through an unyielding focus on innovative design, product quality, which provides the uncompromising reliability necessary for demanding missions.
Products and Services
The Codan Sentry-H delivers a rugged and affordable radio solution for military organisations that demand uncompromised, secure long-range voice and data communications.
The Codan RIOS Radio Interoperability System is the solution for cross-banding, traditionally non-compatible multi-vendor radio such as high frequency (HF), very high-frequency (VHF) and ultra high-frequency (UHF) legacy and new technologies, cellular and satellite networks, IP addressable assets either locally, from remote locations or multi-site locations.
Patrol 2110M Manpack
Codan’s 2110M Manpack Transceiver is designed for adverse field conditions and to comply with the most demanding environmental standards, including MIL-STD-810F.
Codan’s Sentry-V provides secure voice and messaging transmission across very high-frequency (VHF) analogue and digital networks in a compact and lightweight form factor.
To complement our range of HF transceivers and manpacks, Codan provides a range of software applications for email and data communications, as well as GPS tracking.
Codan Radio Communications has announced the joint interoperability test command (JITC) certification for its 2210 Envoy High-Frequency (HF) Radio supporting Codan's position as a tactical communications leader with secure interoperable standards in support of the Department of Defense (DoD) and their partner networks.Read more
Codan Radio Communications Adds Sentry-H High-Frequency (HF) Software Defined Radio (SDR) to Sentry Tactical Radio Family
Codan Radio Communications expands its Sentry™ product family with the introduction of the Sentry-H™ High Frequency (HF) SDR radio.Read more
Codan US, Military and Security Division, today announced that it has been selected by US Army Communication and Electronics Command (CECOM), Fort Monmouth, New Jersey, to provide $5 million of High Frequency (HF) manpack radios, and base stations for use by the Afghan National Police. The radioRead more
Codan Receives Frost and Sullivan Asia Pacific Tactical Military Communication Provider of the Year Award
Codan Limited (ASX-CDA), headquartered in Adelaide, Australia, today announced that it has been recognised by Frost & Sullivan as the Asia Pacific Tactical Military Communication Provider of the Year. Codan was selected for its outstanding performance in the Asia Pacific tactical military comRead more
Codan (ASX-CDA), headquartered in Adelaide, Australia, and Codan US, today announced its new RC50-C high-frequency (HF) modem for the Codan 2110M (military) manpack radio. The new 9,600bps modem provides high speed transmission of email, imagery, and other applications over challenging HF networkRead more
Codan (ASX-CDA), headquartered in Adelaide, Australia, and Codan US, today announced the development of its new central Military and Security Division in Manassas, Va. The Military and Security Division will focus on providing affordable, reliable high-frequency radio communications products andRead more
2 Second Avenue
South Australia 5095
19955 Highland Vista Dr. Suite 145
United States of America
Tower BB1 Mazaya Business Avenue
Jumeriah Lake Towers
United Arab Emirates
43 Erie Street