Armour Systems for Military Vehicles
- Company Details
- Products & Services
- White Papers
- Press Releases
- Regional Offices
- Contact Company
Passive RPG-7 Defeat ArmourPlasan
A unique RPG-7 defeat passive solution by Plasan. FlexFence employs advanced and intelligent engineering, designed for maximum protection at a lightweight and affordable cost.
Our solutions can be easily mounted onto any hull of existing platform or structure without any design changes.
Plasan's unique RPG-7 defeat passive solution FlexFence provides the highest performance of any RPG protection product in the market today, with higher performance than other existing technologies.
- Defeat probability of up to 80%
- Can neutralise up to six rockets per square metre
- A continuous grid design assures defeat effectiveness even at modules edge
The system successfully completed a series of durability tests on road and at sea conditions.
Key features include:
- Advanced neutralisation mechanism for tomorrow's battlefield
- Improved protection against all types of RPGs including RPG7 V,L,M,N and PGS9
- The defeat mechanism uses a conductive metal that creates an electrical short cut between the warhead cones
- Neutralises up to 80% at NATO 0° with 90% silent neutralisation (no detonation)
- High survivability for soldiers and the vehicle hull
- FlexFence can be used in combination with Hybrid SlatFence to achieve optimised protection
- Excellent multi-hit behaviour with silent neutralisations, up to six hits per square metre
- The same modular system fits wheeled and tracked vehicles
- Weighs just 25% of traditional steel bar armour
- Highly durable, does not degrade vehicle speed, manoeuverability or performance
- Flexible system, allows easy integration of FlexFence to dynamic areas such as doors and turrets
- Low life cycle costs, no welding, low-cost acquisition
- Available in any colour to blend in with vehicle camouflage
- All relevant environmental testing standards are met according to MIL-STD-810