Codan Radio Communications
High-Frequency and Land Mobile Radio Tactical Communications for Military Environments
- Company Details
- Products & Services
- White Papers
- Press Releases
- Regional Offices
- Contact Company
Codan Radio is a leading designer and manufacturer of high-quality communications equipment for high-frequency (HF) and land mobile radio (LMR) applications.
HF transceivers and LMR radio systems for advanced communications
We offer a range of HF transceivers for any combination of base station, vehicular and portable requirements. Combined with our full accessory range, these transceivers offer an extensive range of advanced abilities, such as interoperability, security, GPS tracking, chat, fax, email, data and voice communications.
Codan also provides LMR digital and analog P25 radio systems, which exceed industry standards and are renowned for their ruggedness, transportability and low-power consumption, making them able to survive in the most adverse environments.
Long-range digital communications for tactical deployments
Codan's long-range digital radio (LRDR) technology is an evolution from standard HF, utilising the HF spectrum to provide superior voice quality and data transmission, providing the user with a communications experience with the clarity and ease of cellular and digital land mobile communications.
Our HF products have been designed and manufactured to endure the most challenging conditions. They are renowned for:
- Ease of use: Codan products are intuitive to use, easy to train and supply simple solutions to complex communications problems.
- High reliability: We relentlessly focus on high-reliability solutions, ensuring you can communicate when necessary.
- Low-power consumption: Codan products are built with low-power consumption resulting in continuous operation and a long-lasting battery life and continuous operation for an extended period. With solar power options available, Codan products ensure the full communications availability.
- Rugged design and operation: Our products are built for the most adverse conditions, typically withstanding -30°C to 60°C temperatures.
Our range of tactical communications products include:
- Manpack radios
- Base stations
- Vehicular radios
- Tactical repeaters
- Rapid deployment masts
- Tactical antennas and whips
- Power amplifiers
- Power supplies
- Data and email applications
- Transportable systems
- Interoperability gateways
Patrol HF Manpack for tactical operations
The Patrol 2110M HF Manpack provides secure, clear and reliable voice and data communications without reliance on installed infrastructure. The Patrol 2110M is the lightest HF manpack available, with a battery life of up to 65 hours. It can be deployed as a portable, vehicular and / or base station solution, providing interoperability with other radios in a network.
Key features of the Patrol 2110M include:
- Digital voice: Codan's second generation digital voice supersedes MELPe technology, providing clear and intelligible speech in the toughest conditions.
- Rugged smart handset: Full functionality of the Manpack is possible from a tough handset, ergonomically designed to suit tactical operations and user requirements for readability, contaminants resistance and resilience to heavy use.
- Long battery life: Patrol has the lowest power consumption of any available HF manpack, providing continuous operation for up to 65 hours and negating the need to carry spare batteries.
- Lightweight and tough: The Patrol 2110M weights only 2.9kg, the lightest in its class. Built from reinforced plastics and aluminium, it is strong enough to operate in temperatures from -40°C to 70°C and complies with the environmental standard MIL-STD-810.
- Voice and data encryption: Patrol manpacks include encryption options for data and voice communications confidentiality including AES-256 and frequency hopping, preventing third party monitoring of communications.
About Codan Radio Communications
Codan was founded in 1959 in Adelaide, South Australia. Our integrated communications solutions draw on our unmatched abilities over professional grade LMR infrastructure and HF radio. This enables Codan to provide flexible and easy configurations that solve problems others can't.
Codan's HF radios were first used by the Royal Flying Doctor Service, followed by rapid growth that has resulted in Codan Radio today exporting to more than 150 countries, supporting military forces, border security, terrorism response, civilian protection, disaster recovery, emergency services, peacekeeping and national security operations.
We have built our reputation for reliability and customer satisfaction within more than 50 years of radio communications, in some of the toughest conditions on the planet.
Our global customer satisfaction is achieved through an unyielding focus on innovative design, product quality, which provides the uncompromising reliability necessary for demanding missions.