HEMSCHEIDT Company BrochureBy HEMSCHEIDT Fahrwerktechnik
The history of HEMSCHEIDT was essentially characterised by its founder Hermann Hemscheidt. He was a real pioneer in his time and has manufactured spare parts and products for the mining industry since 1919 in a small metal foundry and fittings factory in Wuppertal-Elberfeld.
In 1929, Hermann Hemscheidt transferred the department HEMSCHEIDT into a single enterprise, the Maschinenfabrik HEMSCHEIDT Wuppertal (MHW).
The cornerstone had been laid and Hermann Hemscheidt was personally responsible until the year 1973 as the company's owner.
The focus was then on two key products: on the one side shields for the wall face support in mines were developed and manufactured, on the other side shock absorbers for cars and trucks.
While the HEMSCHEIDT Maschinenfabrik still remained to be an important supplier for the mining industry, the HEMSCHEIDT Fahrwerktechnik, since its foundation in the year 1993, has fully focused on the development, construction and manufacturing of chassis systems, shock absorbers and articulation systems for articulated buses.
Since 1995, HEMSCHEIDT Fahrwerktechnik has been no longer located in Wuppertal, but in Haan-Gruiten in the 'Bergisches Land'.
Then and now, HEMSCHEIDT delivers products with superior levels of innovation, robustness and reliability.
For more information, please download this free white paper.