Threod Systems specialises in developing, producing and operating unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) for intelligence, surveillance, target acquisition and reconnaissance (ISTAR) operations in the defence industry.
Based in Estonia, a country at the forefront of digital innovation and a high-tech hub, Threod Systems is a leader in defence and aerospace engineering and one of the visionary companies offering industry-leading high-end UAS.
High-performance unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) for military applications
Threod’s research, development and manufacturing facility is the birthplace of world-class unmanned aerial vehicles and sensor systems that provide actionable intelligence, accelerated decision-making and enhanced interoperability (up to level five) through seamlessly integrated networks for cross-domain operations.
Threod holds key in-house competencies and technologies that include:
- Air vehicle design and composite technology
- Adaptive, safety-critical and expandable proprietary autopilot
- Gyro-stabilised payload technology
- Unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) simulation
- UAV command and control software
The company also offers system integration and engineering services, including UAV launching systems, communication modules, and controllers.
Threod provides customers with a vertically integrated solution and lifetime support from a single provider. Modularity and fast design customisation are the core competencies of Threod products. The UAS can be developed depending on specific customer needs, offering a system that can fulfill and even exceed bespoke technical requirements.
Unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) design and production
Threod’s competitive edge lies in its complete in-house design and production chain, ranging from manufacturing the composite materials for the aerial vehicles to the state-of-the-art gimbal systems, proprietary autopilot, subsystems and software.
Each UAV Threod manufactures is distinctly unique and corresponds to the specific demands and requirements of the client. The company’s UAVs stand out for their flexibility and the possibility to expand functions. Product robustness is enhanced due to Threod having an unrestricted airspace that allows daily operation.
Multirotor, mini and small-class UAS for the defence industry
Threod develops and produces multirotor type, mini and small-class UAVs. The Stream C UAV is the biggest fixed-wing Nato class I UAV that delivers class II capabilities. Low-altitude and multi-mission UAVs can be combined with different sensor payloads for maximum mission flexibility.
The Eos C is the lightweight fixed-wing UAV with vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) configuration. In-flight transition enables vehicles to reach maximum endurance in their class and, in combination with the FHD gyro-stabilised Shark gimbal, is the perfect tool for any ISR mission.
Titan is a multi-payload heavy-lift (6kg) multirotor with a tether option. The platform has proven itself as a valuable asset for police, boarder guards and first responders. It is also ideal for commercial missions such as tactical disorientation, riot control, search and rescue operations, radio relay, light detection and ranging (LiDAR), cargo drop, and small package deliveries.
UAS gyro-stabilised gimbals for demanding military requirements
Threod Systems designs and manufactures various electro-optical gyro-stabilised payload solutions that are either integrated to Threods’ UAS, any manned or unmanned aerial vehicle, an unmanned ground vehicle (UGV), or any other observation platform.
The full high-definition (FHD) live video stream, on-screen display, report generation and other in-house developed software features satisfy the most demanding customer requirements. The cooled MWIR Orca gimbal detects vehicles from a 15km distance in both electro-optical (EO) and infra-red (IR) modes. Threod’s lightweight Shark gimbal is a powerful tool for small, mini and multirotor type platforms.
The multi-payload concept of the Titan multirotor leads to the development of a wide range of easily integrable LiDAR, aerial mapping, signals intelligence (SIGINT), cargo drop, life vest, riot control and radio relay payloads.
Versatile UAS subsystems
Threod Systems offers a complete UAS solution, with up to level five interoperability reached by means of various in-house developed UAS subsystems that include:
- Ground data terminals: this solution enables communication for small aircrafts up to 15km line of sight (LOS). The company also offers a more powerful solution that enables over 150km LOS, as well as an extended range configuration that provides over 250km and is suitable for beyond visual line of sight (BVLOS) flights.
- Ground Control Stations: Threod offers a wide range of UAS control stations, from custom container or minivan solutions to small hand-held controllers that support single or split site UAS operations in any operational theatre.
- Remote video terminals: two types of RVTs are available in Threods’ product line. One is used for situational awareness and receives the UAV video stream while the other enables the takeover of the UAV payload control and features up to level three interoperability.
- Launchers: another competence that Threod holds in-house is producing competitively priced highly capable UAS launching systems for any platform size.
- Controllers: a wide range of hand controllers are developed for systems such as UAS, subsystems, and UGVs. Flexible production capabilities allow Threod to meet customer-specific functionality.