Smiths Interconnect is an industry-leading supplier of technically differentiated electronic components, subsystems, microwave and radio frequency products that connect, protect and control critical applications in the commercial aviation, defense, space, medical, rail, semiconductor test, wireless telecommunications, and industrial markets.
Our technology brands – EMC, Hypertac, IDI, Lorch, Millitech, Reflex Photonics, RF Labs, Sabritec, TECOM, TRAK and HSI – are synonymous with exceptional performance whenever a technologically advantaged, high solution is required to ensure reliability and safety.
Smiths Interconnect has 25 Sales, R&D and Manufacturing locations in 12 countries, including Canada, US (California, Florida, Massachusetts, Kansas, and Maryland), Mexico, Costa Rica, France, Germany, Italy, UK, Tunisia, India, China, and Singapore.
We are part of Smiths Group, a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications and engineered components. Smiths Group employs around 22,000 people in more than 50 countries
- Technical excellence and vast market experience
- A comprehensive product portfolio providing customers with a single point of supply across multiple markets
- Advanced engineered solutions integrating the combined expertise of our technology brands
- Optimized quality through first class materials, state-of-the-art development methods, and world class talent
- Robust financial pedigree and reputable heritage of Smiths Group
Essential interconnect solutions for defence projects
Smiths Interconnect provides a wide variety of both custom and standard interconnect solutions manufactured for optimum performance within challenging environments that are fundamental for defence projects, such as extreme temperatures, shock and vibration.
We are a supplier of choice for safe, efficient and highly reliable connectivity in various military and defence applications. Our application expertise ensures the design, manufacture and supply of cost effective, high volume products and complete tailored solutions. Our technically differentiated solutions provide our customer with a competitive advantage when tackling the challenges of higher power, higher data rates, wider bandwidth, and greater connectivity all within a smaller footprint.
Our extensive product portfolio in the defence market includes high reliability electrical connector and cable assemblies, solution for antenna systems, datalinks and a wide range of innovative RF and microwave solution.
Our product ranges play a key role in the Communications, Electronic Warfare, ISR (Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance) and Radar application requirements.
Strong differentiated capabilities and proven expertise
With its engineering expertise, Smiths Interconnect supports its customers through the design, delivery and support phases of the project.
Smiths Interconnect’s in-house capabilities encompass design, development, manufacturing, and testing to respond quickly and accurately to customers’ needs and provide differentiated connectivity solutions:
- Engineering: advanced RF & system modelling, finite element & reliability analysis, 3D EM, CAD/CAM & solid modelling
- Manufacturing: precision machine shops, connector, contact & cable assembly, automated hybrid assembly, system integration, etc.
- Prototyping: CNC turning & milling centres, cabling & prototyping assembly, 3D printing
- Testing/qualification: electrical, mechanical, environmental, real time X-ray, RF testing, High speed digital, Multipaction, Optical testing
- Certifications and standards compliance: ISO 9001, AS/EN 9100, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, MIL-DTL-3933, MIL-DTL-39030, MIL-DTL-38999, MIL-DTL-55302, MIL-DTL-83723, MIL-DTL-83527, MIL-DTL-24308, MIL-DTL-83513, MIL-C-26500, MIL-C-81511, MIL-C-26482, MIL-PRF-55342, ARINC 400/600/800/801, HE 704, HE 801, Nadcap, NF-C-UTE C93-424
With a wide range of services, Smiths Interconnect improves reliability and performance of customers’ systems and equipment while minimising the burden on their operation and maintenance teams.