Team Concept launched Dino 319 light tactical multi-purpose vehicle (LTMPV) at Eurosatory 2018. Image courtesy of Team Concept.
Team Concept, in co-operation with Mercedes-Benz and Oberaigner Automotive, developed the Dino 319 vehicle. Image courtesy of Team Concept.
The vehicle accommodates two crew and seven troops. Image courtesy of Team Concept.
Dino 319 has a length of 5.6m and width of 2.05m. Image courtesy of Team Concept.
Dino 319 can carry a payload of up to 1,000kg. Image courtesy of Team Concept.
The gross weight of the vehicle is 3.5t. Image courtesy of Team Concept.

Dino 319 is a new light tactical multipurpose vehicle (LTMPV) designed and developed by Polish armoured vehicle manufacturing firm Team Concept. It is the unarmoured version of the Dino 4×4 vehicles offered by Team Concept. It was unveiled during the defence exhibition Eurosatory held in Paris, France, in June 2018.

Team Concept announced the development of a new vehicle for the Polish Land Forces during the International Defence Industry Exhibition Kielce 2017 held at Kielce, Poland, in September 2017.

The armoured version of Dino 319 is designated as Dino 519 light tactical multi-purpose armoured vehicle (LTMPAV).

The vehicle is primarily designed to serve the personnel transport requirements of the armed forces in Poland. It combines off-road capabilities of a military vehicle with high-mobility features to offer the armed forces an advanced light-duty tactical vehicle.

Design and features of DINO 319 APC

The DINO armoured personnel carrier (APC) comes in a 4×4 wheel drive configuration. The vehicle is based on the chassis of Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 319 vehicle. The all-wheel drive of the vehicle was designed by Oberaigner.

The engine is stationed at the front and the crew section in the middle, while the troop compartment is located at the rear. The body of the vehicle is made of composite materials, making it twice as light as steel-bodied vehicles.

The corrosion-resistant composite structure offers high-impact strength and can negotiate high levels of fatigue.

The hull is fitted with two doors on either side and a large asymmetric door at the rear end, which enable rapid entry and exit of troops. The large windshield at the front provides a clear view of the surroundings and enhances the situational awareness of the crew.

“Team Concept announced the development of a new vehicle for the Polish Land Forces during the International Defence Industry Exhibition Kielce 2017 held at Kielce, Poland, in September 2017.”

The vehicle is 5.6m long, 2.05m wide and 2.46m high, and has a maximum ground clearance of 0.24m. It can carry two crew members and seven infantry troops. Its gross vehicle weight is 3.5t and maximum payload carrying capacity is 1,000kg in standard configurations.

The vehicle can be optionally fitted with an electric rope winch, dedicated weapon mounts and infrared (IR) lighting equipment.

Engine details of DINO 319

Dino 4×4 can be equipped with a six-cylinder, V-type, OM642 Euro-5 engine, which can produce a maximum power of 140kW (190hp) and a torque of 440Nm. It can also be fitted with a four-cylinder, OM651Euro-6 diesel engine with a maximum power generation capacity of 120kW (163hp) and a maximum torque of 360Nm.

Both the engines can be coupled to an automatic gearbox with seven gears or a six-gear manual gearbox. The vehicle features a 4×4 transmission system equipped with a central differential, a gear reducer and three locking differentials.

The central locking differential distributes 33% of the total torque equally to both the front tyres and the remaining 67% between rear wheels. The auxiliary power requirements of the vehicle are served by an onboard 12V electric system with a 3.08kW alternator and two batteries.

Mobility and performance

The ride quality is enhanced by the double wishbone suspension system at the front, which is supported by a traversed leaf spring arrangement, shock absorbers, and a stabiliser. The rear suspension includes leaf springs fitted onto a solid axle.

The angle of approach of DINO 319 is 35º, while the departure angle is 30º and the ramp angle is 25º. The vehicle has the ability to negotiate grades of 80%.

It is fitted with four AT 285/75 R16 tyres, which enhance the mobility and ensure a smooth ride while travelling across different terrains. It also features front and rear disc brakes fitted with an anti-lock braking system (ABS).