Gunsite family member John Pepper of Maryland designed and developed the Pepper Popper target during the early years of practical pistol shooting, and it is now in wide use throughout the world. The Pepper Popper target is essentially a target that goes down when hit, then springs back up.
At Salute, we have kept this classic alive and refined it by offering it with spring loaded base and a more robust shape. Our Pepper Popper is a 3in / 8in thick AR500 steel two-thirds scale IPSC legal version of the humanoid steel target invented by John Pepper.
● Use with large spring base or DOD Mil Spec base
● The springs can be easily removed to place the Target in a ‘dead fall’ mode.
● We optimised the design and shape based on input and requests from serious shooters
The AR500 self resetting Salute Popper is another great target for tactical and practical defensive firearms training.
Military component specifications:
● Target is made of 3in / 8in thick AR500 Armour Plate Steel
● 13in high | 5in wide | 8lbs
● Military packages have options for small standard or small elevated spring base
All of our targets are made of the highest quality steel that survives the elements. They’ll last through rain storms, high temperatures, multiple coats of paint, and just about every calibre you can aim at them.
Salute Targets immediately confirms your shooting skills with the bullet’s plinking sound against the metal, to give you instant satisfaction and assessment of your performance.
Ours are the only steel targets designed for protection and safety, built with angles that deflect bullet fragments to the ground or side, and not towards the shooter.
Salute Targets are portable. Most are light and easy to tear down and set up quickly, and we built them to pack and travel compactly too. Spend more time shooting, wherever you want to go!