Rheinmetall has reached contractual agreements to take over the operational assets of IBD Deisenroth Engineering, a German supplier of passive protection systems mainly for light to heavy military vehicles.

Financial terms of the acquisition have not been disclosed by the companies.

Rheinmetall noted that the transaction will become effective on 1 June 2019.

According to Rheinmetall, the acquisition strengthens its position as a supplier of advanced defence technology to the Land Forces of Germany, its allies and partner countries.

Based in Lohmar near Bonn in Germany, the family-run IBD Deisenroth business has a workforce of 120 employees and posted sales of nearly €35m last year.

“In June, IBD Deisenroth Engineering introduced a new active armour solutions concept known as SMART-PROTech.”

It also serves as an independent engineering bureau and has a research and development unit at Lohmar.

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData
Visit our Privacy Policy for more information about our services, how we may use, process and share your personal data, including information of your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.

IBD Deisenroth, through the Deisenroth family, has held a 49% stake in Rheinmetall Chempro, and the remaining 51% interest is owned by Rheinmetall.

In 2007, Rheinmetall and IBD Deisenroth teamed up to form Rheinmetall Active Protection to develop active vehicle protection systems.

Furthermore, IBD Deisenroth took part in the Gefas protected vehicle system development programme that was led by Rheinmetall Landsysteme in 2006.

In June, IBD Deisenroth Engineering introduced a new active armour solutions concept known as SMART-PROTech.

The technology was designed to provide protection against tandem warhead ammunitions for main battle tanks and medium-to-heavy armoured combat vehicles.