Safety and Rescue Region – Mid Sweden is a collecion of enterprises, public authorities, and associations in the middle of Sweden. The syndicate offers national and international customers safety and rescue products, services and training for a variety of sectors. Our members offer industry expertise ranging from CBRN protection to vehicle maintenance and repair. The syndicate was founded in 2005 and has about 25 memebers, including SEDAB and the AF Group.
Chemical warfare and multipurpose decontamination systems
SEDAB (Safety Equipment Evelopment AB) specialises in the design, manufacture and supply of chemical warfare and multipurpose decontamination systems for civilian, anti-terrorist and military use.
SEDAB also performs training courses within the field of decontamination, for OPCW (Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons) staff, the Swedish Chemical Support team and other foreign clients. SEDAB use only qualified and approved trainers with military NBC backgrounds for these courses.
Vehicle maintenance, repair and overhaul
The AF Group is a leader in technical consulting, with expertise founded on more than a century of experience. The ÅF Group offer highly qualified services and solutions for industrial processes, infrastructure projects and the development of products and IT systems.
Vehicle maintenance and testing
AF’s vehicle maintenance section in Solleftea is situated at former regiment I 21 base and have access to the I 21 former training areas. The section has a complete workshop with an overhead crane and locker room. Right next to workshop is a car wash for trucks and combat vehicles and classrooms and workstations with internet access.
The AF vehicle maintenance section can offer:
- Testing of vehicles, weapon systems and constructions
- Testing of vehicle components
- Test and evaluation of technical systems
- Training of personnel, drivers and mechanics
- Diagnosis and maintenance
- Vehicle electronics
- Technical documentation
- A large net of high quality gravel roads
The sector is developing the capabilities in Sollefteå and is aiming to be a complete provider for training, testing and verification.
Vehicle testing and training
Soon the Af group will be able to:
- Access to the whole live firing area, approximately 1700 ha. – Mostly forest land. Elements of bogs and meadows
- Firing ranges for weapon systems up to 125mm. Maximum firing range up to 1200 meters. APG course
- Testing and evaluation of weapon systems – offensive and defensive
- Test location for blasting of steel plates and constructions
- Blasting and evaluation of protection and armour steel plates
- Teambuilding and leadership training
- Management training in state of crisis
- Adapted swimming facilities with permanent up- and down ramps for fording with different fording deeps