On 17 June 2011, the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE), in cooperation with Hotzone Solutions Group, organised a high-level one-day awareness seminar on chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear (CBRN) related incidents and threats. The event took place at the Hofburg, in Vienna (Austria).
The objective of OSCE’s CBRN Awareness Seminar was to introduce participants to the topic of CBRN and to provide an overview of how to analyze and manage CBRN related threats and risks.
The lectures were given by representatives from Hotzone Solutions and their partners, Infraprotect and Störfallmanagemnt Stolar, as well as the Austrian NBC Defense School and a representative from the US embassy.
Topics were basic introduction to CBRN and their threat scenarios, including consequence management. More than 30 participants from different public, international and corporate organisations came to Vienna to attend this seminar.
Organisations present at this event were:
- International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)
- Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty Organisation (CTBTO)
- US Embassy Vienna
- Canadian Embassy Vienna
- Bank Austria
- High Commissioner on National Minorities (HCNM)
- Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights (ODHIR)
- International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD), Rome
- International SOS Emergency Services (Vienna)
- Euroclear SA/NV, Brussels
- UK Home Office CBRNE Olympic Venue Validation Officer
- United Nations Office at Vienna
- European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
By supporting the OSCE in the organisation of this event and by giving significant lectures on threat scenarios and consequence management, Hotzone Solutions is once again strengthening its expert position in the CBRN field.