OMAR was founded in 1975, for the purpose of transforming industrial vehicles and construction of special vehicle bodies.
OMAR Technology, an Italian company founded in 1975, has, for more than 20 years, divided its activity into two main sectors:
- Mobile field hospitals
- Ground support equipment for helicopters
MOBILE FIELD HOSPITALS
OMAR manufactures expandable containers for medical use, with dimensions from 22m² to 31m². They can be used as operating theatres, intensive care units, radiology units, first aid centres, laboratories, pharmacies, etc.
OMAR has great experience through its involvement in UN / NATO peacekeeping operations in Somalia, Mozambique, Kosovo, Albania, Afghanistan and Iraq where its products have been employed. For this reason OMAR is considered one of the most skilful companies in the expandable containers sector.
ALUMINIUM FIELD CONTAINERS
OMAR’s patented containers are made of aluminium and all the container manoeuvring (opening and closing, etc.) is performed by an electro-hydraulic control unit supplied by 24V internal batteries (or, alternatively, at 220V 50Hz). In the event of a fault in the system, the walls can be opened and closed using a manual hydraulic pump which is provided.
The containers fully comply with all relevant NATO and military standards.
These units are unique in that:
- During transport they have the dimensions of ISO 1C containers (20in) while during operations, with the walls extended, they have a surface area of approximately 22m² or 31m²
- The surface of the floor is at the same level
- The walls, when extended, do not require any bottom support
- The containers can be installed on any morphology of terrain
- All the equipment is fixed inside the container and remains in the same position whether in operation or during transport, ensuring the container will be operative in less than 10min
- Expanding and closing walls, and vehicle loading and unloading operations, are performed by a single operator using a remote control without external facilities such as cranes, bridge cranes, lift trucks or mechanical lifting equipment
- All containers have undergone, and successfully passed, tests at the appointed military technical centres, including the climatic chamber test.
OMAR can deliver hospital systems from a single container up to a complete field hospital with tents or dwelling containers.
HELICOPTER GROUND-SUPPORT EQUIPMENT
OMAR manufactures electrical trolleys for helicopter movement. It sold more than 500 pieces and different countries and we cover both Agusta Westland helicopter models and Eurocopter helicopter models.
The helicopter self-moving trolley designed and patented by OMAR allows a single operator to autonomously move helicopters and aeroplanes from the hangar to the runway and vice versa.
We also manufacture other helicopter ground-support equipment, like hydraulic platforms for helicopter maintenance and several types of towbars.
We have a NATO supplier code of A4883 and a quality management system approved to ISO 9000:2000.
UH-60 Black Hawk is a multi-mission helicopter developed by Sikorsky that has been operational in the US Army since 1978. The export version of the UH-60 Black Hawk is designated as S-70A.