Barrett Communications is pleased to release its range of internally fitted encryption modules to suit its 2000 series and PRC-2090 series manpack transceivers.
The digital modules implement a proprietary mixed excitation linear predictive (MELP) Vocoder at 2,400bps or 1,400bps and orthogonal frequency-division multiplexing (OFDM) modem. MELP digital voice provides excellent voice quality and OFDM modem allows fast synchronisation. The three modules available offer varying levels of encryption:
AES 256 encryption and includes a fall back analogue FFT scrambler for use on extremely bad HF channels. This option requires an Australian Department of Defence export licence.
- P/N BCO20509 for 2000 series transceivers
- P/N 2090-01-17 for PRC-2090 series manpack transceivers
DES 56 encryption and includes a fall back analogue FFT scrambler for use on extremely bad HF channels.
- P/N BCO20510 for 2000 series transceivers
- P/N 2090-01-18 for PRC-2090 series manpack transceivers
Analogue FFT scrambler.
- P/N BCO20511 for 2000 series transceivers
- /N 2090-01-19 for PRC-2090 series manpack transceivers
The modules are programmed with their keys and options via the serial port of the transceiver using provided PC-based software. Depending on the application encryption algorithms can be supplied to comply with various standards
or as fully proprietary.