RUAG Ammotec, established in 1863, produce high precision ammunition for the military and law enforcement industries. The most advanced processes are applied at the enterprise's operations in Switzerland, Germany, USA, Sweden and Hungary.
Our goal is to produce high-precision ammunition with the best performance. Our product range includes:
- Various ammunition for small arms
- Non-standard ammunition
- Hand grenades
- Mortar and artillery training systems
- Disposal of ammunition
Our main customers are international armed and Special Forces, including Nato forces, Swiss and German armed forces and other customers around the world. One of our specialities is the development and production of lead-free ammunition. We have a non-toxic and lead-free solid bullet with the absolutely reliable Sintox priming technology.
This technology is, for example, applied in the 9x19 LF FMJ SXF (+P) (Lead-Free, Full Metal Jacket, SINTOX-FORENSIS, Higher Pressure) and enables forensic analysis. We are also developing lead-free bullets for rifles.
Sniper ammunitions for military applications
Our sniper ammunition (CAL .223 Rem, .308 Win, .300 Win. Mag, .338 Lapua Mag) fulfils all necessary requirements for Special Forces and police deployments. The worldwide known SWISS P rifle ammunition has outstanding accuracy and ballistics:
- Ball ammunition for military use meets all the requirements of the Hague Convention
- Target for exceptionally accurate shooting and outstanding flight characteristics
- Styx Action high-impact deformation for minimised risk of collateral damage
- Armour Piercing (AP) for maximum penetration power of body armour and other hard targets
- Tactical for excellent first hit probability at targets behind angled glass
- Subsonic for silenced shooting. Extra-heavy bullets provides additional energy to achieve an enhanced target effect
Infantry cartridges include:
- 4.6x30 FMJ SX, AP SX
- 5.56x45 M193, SS109, AP TC (Armour Piercing, Tungsten Carbid Core), LF HC SX (Lead-Free, Hard Core, SINTOX), Tracer
- 7.62x51 M80, HC, Tracer
- 12.7x99 Short Range, SX Tracer, HC SX
- The rounds are also available linked in mixed ratios according to the customer's requirements
9x19 / 9mm Luger ammunition include:
- 9x19 NATO Ball, LF FMJ SXF (+P), Tracer, Subsonic, Plastic Blank
- 9mm Luger plastic blank
- 9mm Luger ball with different bullets
- 9mm Penetrator
We also supply other 9mm ammunition, specially designed for Law Enforcement purposes.
Fragmentation hand grenade for the defence industry
The RUAG hand grenade offers new technology for defeating the use of modern body armour, as well as providing enhanced safety during use, storage and transport. The hand grenades are chosen by the British Armed Forces as the best performing hand grenade in the world and they are also in use by the Dutch, Swiss and other Armed Forces. Our range of fragmentation ammunitions includes:
- Fragmentation hand grenade
- Offensive hand grenade (OHG 85), short range offensive hand grenade (SR OHG 85)
- Explosive practice hand grenade and the relevant training tools
Mortar and artillery sub-calibre training systems
The sub-calibre mortar training system MT 25mm, is an effective tool to save costs and to provide high-quality training in small areas. The system consists of an aluminium-alloy body and is available for mortars in caliber 60mm, 81mm and 120mm.
As a result of an improvement program, we can now offer the new training cartridge 14.5mm, with an electronically fused spotting round for artillery training systems, e.g. for a howitzer. The standard 14.5mm training cartridges with impact fuse and pyrotechnic time fuse are still available.