STIM210 is a small, tactical grade, affordable, robust and reliable, ultra high performance (Bias Stability 0.5°/h, ARW 0.15°/√h) MEMS gyro module with up to three axes. An integrated 32-bit microcontroller enables flexible user configuration. Electronic axis alignment is standard.
Key features include:
- Miniature package
- ITAR free
- Excellent performance in vibration and shock
- Excellent environmental robustness
- One, two or three axes offered in same package
- Electronically calibrated axis alignment
- Plug & play high-level RS422 interface
- 24 bits resolution
- Single-crystal silicon technology
- Low bias drift
- Low noise
- Fully configurable:
- Five different sampling rates available
- Five different bandwidths available
- LP filter -3dB frequency can be set individually for each axis
- RS422 protocol, bit rate and line termination
- Selectable output unit: angular rate [deg/s] or incremental angle [deg]
- Continuous self-diagnostics
Each axis is factory-calibrated for bias, sensitivity and compensated for temperature effects to provide high-accuracy measurements. The unit runs off a single +5V supply and communicates via a "plug & play" high-level RS422 interface. The use of a 32-bit RISC ARM microcontroller provides flexibility in the configuration, like choice of output unit, sampling frequency, LP filter -3dB frequency and RS422 bit-rate and protocol parameters.
For more advanced users, STIM210 may be put in Service Mode. In this mode all the configuration parameters can be temporarily or permanently changed by overwriting the current settings in the flash memory. Service Mode also provides the ability to perform single measurements, perform diagnostics and obtain a higher detail in the status byte.
For more information, please see Sensonor’s website here.