Vital Alert Communication Covert and Tactical Operations Communication Systems
Vital Alert specialises in covert wireless and through-the-earth (TTE) communication solutions for military operations.
The company’s technology penetrates earth, and other man-made and natural barriers both above and below-ground, while remaining undetectable at short ranges.
Telecommunication systems for covert military operations
Vital Alert’s TTE technology is highly effective for undercover communications, as TTE signals are difficult to detect using conventional radio frequency (RF) hardware.
The company’s products feature terminal-to-terminal encryption and enable real-time, two-way voice and data transmission, so military personnel are able to communicate quickly and clearly for mission success.
Vital Alert’s technology can be utilised by military personnel in:
- Collapsed buildings
- Covert operations
- Enemy detection
Direct integrated radios for tactical applications
In tactical settings, Vital Alert radios can be integrated with existing communications systems for seamless interoperability with Wi-Fi networks, standard radio handsets, tracking systems, sensors, or can function independently.
Adding a Vital Alert TTE Link in tunnels or other shielded environments assists personnel that are typically equipped with radios, which require line-of-sight between adjacent handsets.
By integrating the company’s TTE radios, teams can establish direct communication both above and below ground, eliminating the need for line-of-sight contact.
Remote sensor devices
Sensors for areas such as intrusion detection and chemicals can be buried at appropriate locations, so they silently gather data.
By attaching them to a Vital Alert TTE device, the sensors covertly send new information from areas normally hidden from satellites or other flyovers.
TTE communication technology
Vital Alert’s TTE technology enables secure, emergency and day-to-day text, voice and data transmissions in challenging communication environments such as tunnels, sewers, subways, buildings, mines and military operations.
Vital Alert’s Canary™ wireless TTE products include:
- Configurable bidirectional throughput up to one knowledge-based processor (1kbp)
- Flexible data interfaces such as ethernet, USB, RS-485, RS-232 and RS-422
- Flexible power options: 24V DC via AC, DC or external battery (24h plus), internal battery (CanaryComm-IS and CanaryComm)
- Humidity: 15%-95% condensing
- Link range up to 300m, with optional range via repeaters (depending on rock type, ambient noise levels, antenna configuration and other factors)
- Operating temperature: from -10ºC to 40ºC
- Shock 250 metre per second squared (m/s/s), 6ms duration
- Vibration: 2Hz-9Hz, 3mm
- Water and dust-resistance IP67 (CanaryComm-IS, CanaryComm, CanaryTalk)