ST Electronics (Info-Comm Systems) Pte Ltd and IBM Singapore have jointly announced that they have signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) to collaborate and explore opportunities to leverage transport data analytics to promote Smarter Mobility.
Through this MOU, both parties will develop a mutually beneficial partnership into new strategic growth areas in transport data analytics.
Under the agreement, both parties will:
- Exchange technical dialogue around the parties’ products and capabilities, specifically on the use of Smart Analytics for Urban Mobility solutions
- Explore opportunities to collaborate by leveraging IBM’s real time analytics capabilities and applying predictive and simulative capabilities on traffic and transit analytics for decision support and transport optimisation
- Identify and leverage complementary capabilities to develop joint go-to-market offerings
- Explore possibilities for market and capability development
- Explore various forums to collaboratively promote the partnership.
Talking about the MOI, IBM Singapore managing director Janet Ang said: "IBM is working with organisations around the world to make cities smarter with data-driven solutions to attain new levels of insight and efficiency through analytics.
"Our collaboration with ST Electronics (Info-Comm Systems) leverages on IBM’s global expertise in transport data analytics.
"Through our involvement in existing projects with clients in Singapore, we hope to extend this partnership globally."
ST Electronics president Lee Fook Sun added: "This partnership provides an excellent opportunity to leverage ST Electronics’ expertise and proven transport solutions, and IBM’s strength in smart transport analytics products and solutions.
"Transport data analytics will allow us to better understand commuting patterns in the development and support of a strong data-driven transport infrastructure, with the view to building smarter applications for optimal traffic management and enhancing the travelling experience for commuters."