Clarke & Severn Electronics (CSE) is a supplier of electronic components, harsh environment military miniature connectors, radio frequency (RF) microwave products and cable assemblies in Australia.
We supply Harwin, Mini-Circuits, Laird, ODU, Omnetics and Switchcraft / Conxall for the Australian military / defence, security, aerospace, medical and scientific equipment, communication systems, robotics and environmental monitoring markets.
Robust military and security connector systems
Integration Partner ODU offers reliability under the most extreme conditions and ease of use, which are both requirements for soldier modernisation programmes worldwide.
ODU connectors are resilient, watertight to IP68 standard and offer high-speed data transfer capability and high-density signal configurations in a compact package.
ODU advanced military connector (AMC) solutions are ideal for future soldier systems requiring compact, lightweight components such as:
- Navigation modules
- Field radios
- Portable computers
- Night vision
- Digital scopes
- GPS antennas
- Airborne vehicles
- Soldier control units
ODU and CSE also provide turnkey solutions, which include overmoulding and complete advanced cable assembly.
Rugged micro and nano connectors and interconnect systems for defence applications
Integration Partner Omnetics Connector Corporation provides defence application systems and connectors, including:
- Portable communications, cube satellite, surveillance and guidance systems
- Weapon systems, for example guided missiles and artillery
- Aerospace and military equipment
- Unmanned vehicles systems
- Imaging and optics
- Vehicles, for example civil aircraft, helicopters, fighter planes and land vehicles
- Covert security systems
RF / IF and microwave components
Mini-Circuits is a worldwide leader in the distribution, design and manufacturing of radio frequency (RF) and intermediate frequency (IF), along with integrated modules covering the DC to 40GHz band and microwave components, for industrial and commercial space and military applications, including:
- Test equipment
- Military-specification and satellite applications
- Rapid response
Challenging quality standards, innovative design, value pricing, on-time delivery, fast turnaround and efficient customer service have contributed in making Mini-Circuits an industry leader.
Mini-Circuits supplies more than 10,000 signal processing products worldwide, with 27 different product lines representing custom and off-the-shelf models.
Rugged and high-reliability connectors
Harwin’s rugged, reliable connector designs are ideal for performance critical applications that request high-reliability in challenging conditions.
They have been used in various soldier modernisation programmes worldwide, such as:
- Electronic warfare and communications applications
- Night vision goggles (NVGs)
- Battery packs
- Military vehicles
Harwin’s high-reliability connector range is ideally suited to the military vehicle market and robotics search-and-rescue, where shock, vibration and extremes of temperature are vital considerations for mission critical applications, such as:
- GPS and weapons systems
- Communication systems
- Radar and tracking
- Tracked autonomous / semi-autonomous robots
EMI shielding and custom absorbers for military applications
Military applications demand superior performance under the most adverse conditions.
At sea, in the air or on land, Laird is the preferred supplier for electromagnetic interference (EMI) shielding and custom absorbers for military applications, from large fleets to fast jets, having built a reputation for quality, reliability and performance.
Laird oversees each process, starting from design and prototyping, to final production and delivery.
Military electronics face the same issues as general electronics, with a greater emphasis on the ability to survive in all atmospheres, such as:
- Microwave absorbers reduce internal high-frequency EMI
- Conductive gaskets remove EMI emissions and are made to survive the military environment
- Wireless machine-to-machine communications enhance the management, reliability and safety of advanced systems in the battlefield
- Active and passive thermal materials and devices control build-up of heat in electronic assemblies
- Ruggedised vehicle-mounted GPS and infrastructure antenna systems provide dependable communications for stable remote asset tracking of personnel and mission-critical resources
High-quality microwave products for the defence sector
RF Lambda is an internationally renowned company, which specialises in the manufacture and development of high-quality microwave products ranging from 1MHz to 120GHz for:
- Satellite communications
- Consumer product
- Defence sectors
- Wireless infrastructure
Product lines include active and passive components, as well as waveguide components.
Harsh environment connectivity solutions
Switchcraft / Conxall offers high-quality, weatherproof, waterproof and watertight IP68 and NEMA 250 (6P) rated connectors, including circular multi-pin weatherproof connectors, Mil-C-5015 (Mil-E-Qual), EN3 Connectors, sealed power plugs and jacks and moulded cable assemblies, all of which are restriction of hazardous substances (RoHS) compliant.
The connectors are ideal for applications in adverse environments, including:
- Safety and security communications
- Sealed data transmission
Cable assembly and design and manufacturing
Clarke & Severn Electronics services include:
- Custom parts and part modification
- Custom cables designed to customer requirements
- Custom assembly
- Overmoulding for CSE standard range and customer special solutions
- RF system integration
- RF design services