ARADO is a 2D doppler radar. Its application range includes border or site surveillance.
Its purpose is to immediately detect moving objects (people, vehicles, etc).
ARADO is able to adapt its waveforms in a dynamic way, to zoom in on any part of the landscape like a camera. Through this, ARADO is able to optimise its surveillance mission from a knowledge of the field.
ARADO is dedicated to be integrated in a surveillance system, a vehicle, or to be worn by a man and used with the optional kit independently.
Key technical specifications
- Dimensions: 345mm x 273mm x 150mm
- Weight: 6kg
- Split design with clip-on no scanning antenna
- I/O interface 10/100 Ethernet
- Master control of auxiliary optronic sight
- Master control of auxiliary pan & tilt
2D Doppler Radar :
- Band X
- 40° x 25° clip-on patch antenna
- Average power consumption <50W @24VDC
- Operating T° -30°C to +55°C
- Chock vibration 7G/1ms halfsine
- IP 68
- Crawling person: 2,5km (0,1m² SER)
- Walking person: 4.5km (1m² SER)
- Small moving vehicle: 8km (10m² SER)
- Large moving vehicle: 13km (100m² SER)
- Stealth : less than 10-7W / Hertz
- Dynamically adaptable PRF
- Minimum detectable velocity: 0.3m/s
- Maximum target per scan: 1,000
- False alarm rate: tunable as needed (standard 10-6 with 0.9 detection probability)