ROCUS supports forces by drastically reducing their exposure to threats of improvised explosive devices (IEDs) and allowing them to carry out their mission. ROCUS ensures the safety of soldiers and the advance of convoys.
CNIM developed an Unmanned Ground Vehicle (UGV) for route clearance, based on the THeMIS platform (MILREM Robotics’).
ROCUS’ key advantages:
- Unmanned > protect the soldiers
- Remotely operated > can be operated under the protection of a vehicle
- Tracked vehicle > highly mobile with low ground pressure
- Hybrid design > reduced logistic footprint
- Towable > easy to transport