Defence Vision Systems’ high resolution ICCD DVS cameras are designed and manufactured in the UK, and are built to high quality standards to withstand the effects of shock, vibration and temperature. The latest models also feature improvements like a third generation intensifier.
- Input voltage: 12Vdc — 32Vdc
- Lens fitting: C-mount (custom fittings on request)
- Mass: 450gm including C-mount interface
- Temperature range
- Operating: -40°C to +65°C
- Storage: -55°C to +70°C
- Shock resistance: operating 10g 11msec
- Storage 18g 11msec
- Vibration: 10Hz (0.002g2/Hz) – 1000Hz (0.0055g2/Hz)
- Modular – Head/sensor and electronics modules
- Sensor Head module: 47mm dia x 62mm long
- Drive/G.M.S module: 106mm x 50mm x 30mm
- Module interconnect: 150mm long flexible cable
- Alternative lengths available on request
- Head length increases by 12.6mm with C-mount
- Mono – body version available on request
Manual control functions
The camera’s control through an I2C interface using an on-screen menu for the following functions:
- Video mode
- Exposure control mode
- Exposure control window
- Intensifier Ggting
- Intensifier gain level
- Video gain
- Gamma toggle
- Uniformity correction
General performance data
The DVS camera contains scene illumination specifications of 10-6lux – 10,000lux, but when used in conjunction with an adjustable iris lens or neutral density filter(s), it may be extended to 150,000lux. The system’s overload protection features a digital gated intensifier off at more than 10,000lux, which automatically resets after ten seconds.
Depending on the mode used, the camera’s resolution sepcifications differ. When using the camera in digital mode, the resolution specifications range between 1392px x 1040px, and the user can decide between using full scan or selected subareas. In the analog CCIR and EIA modes, the resolution ranges between 768px x 576px and 648px x 486px, respectively.
At the time of ordering, customers can choose between the LVDS and GigE digital interfaces.
The camera includes a uniformity / shading / blemish correction function which will provide a reduction in spatial non-uniformities in all output modes. The function applies gain / offset corrections to all active imaging pixels.
ICCD cameras are subject to UK Government export licence regulations. DVS reserve the right to modify the data outlined without prior