Hotzone Solutions has the pleasure of announcing the opening of Hotzone Solutions USA on 31...
Hotzone Solutions conducted its first Nuclear Emergency Training (NET) for customers at the International Chernobyl Centre which includes the exclusion zone of Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant (ChNPP), Ukraine, for representatives of the Netherlands Ministry of Security and Justice in mid-October 2012.
The course consisted of the following elements:
- Introduction to the International Chernobyl Centre (IChC) in Slavutych
- Radiation theory and an overview of the different types of nuclear reactors
- Chernobyl and Fukushima incident analysis and their consequences
- Chernobyl clean-up operations
- Overview of the Chernobyl Exclusion zone and Radiation Safety
Lectures were conducted in the detection of radioactive sources, protection against radiation, personal protective equipment (PPE), and decontamination measures. Practical training was conducted with closed and open radioactive sources and included visits and tasks within the exclusion zone of the ChNPP.
The visits to the Exclusion Zone (Site tour) included the following areas:
- Chernobyl Power Plant NPP Visitors Centre
- City of Pripyat
- Fire Fighting Unit of the ChNPP including a presentation on their equipment
- Town of Chernobyl
Practical training within the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone included detection and identification of radionuclides on the territory contaminated by (Cs137, Sr90, Pu239, U235, U238, Ra226 and others) radionuclides, sampling of contaminated soil and vegetation and protective measures.
The training programme included individual skills and operational squad level first responder tasks in a contaminated zone.
The International CBRNE Institute opened in Belgium on 5 October 2013.The opening of the International...
A live-agent training pilot module with chemical warfare agents was held in Vyškov (the Czech...
The evolution and increase in safety and security threats at an international level places extraordinary...