Defence Vision Systems
Ruggedised Military Cameras and Camera Systems for Night Vision and 24-Hour Use
- Company Details
- Products & Services
- White Papers
- Press Releases
- Regional Offices
- Contact Company
Surveillance Target Acquisition System (STAS24)Defence Vision Systems
Defence Vision Systems' surveillance target acquisition system (STAS24) provides full 24-hour surveillance capability with optimum vision from full daylight down to starlight, and allows the user to view the LASER spot on the designated target.
Surveillance target acquisition system features
The STAS24 provides the user with multi-spectral surveillance between 400nm to 1700nm. It provides full 24-hour surveillance capability with optimum vision from full daylight down to starlight. The system contains a built-in 1550nm LASER range finder system, which uniquely allows the user to view the LASER spot on the designated target.
The system also provides:
- Vision over the range from 400nm - 1700nm
- Imaging from full daylight down to starlight
- Electronic zoom from X11 - X44
- Range data plus ability to view LASER spot on the designated target
- GPS data and heading using an electronic compass
The STAS24 oeprates on long-life, rechargeable Lithium Polymer (Li-Po) batteries, and a three button operation -
System On/Off, LASER Pulse and Electronic Zoom. Surveillance image, range data, GPS data and heading are viewed through an eyepiece. The entire system weighs 3.5kg, but can be configured on a tripod mount or handheld. The STAS24 measures 340mm x 270mm x 140mm
- Eye safe 1550nm (nominal)
- Maximum Range: 5km - 8km (depending on atmospheric conditions)
- Maximum measurement range: 10km
- Minimum measurement range: 250m
- Multiple objects: first/last reflection returned
The STAS24 system is designed and supplied by Davin Optronics. It contains a common objective lens with twin relay.
- Visible: f1.76, 150mm, with a 4.2° FOV.
- LASER viewer: f7.05, 600mm, with 1.16° FOV.
Read out specifications
The STAS24 read out is a scaled and merged image, scene, range data and heading presented on an LCD screen, viewed through a monocular eyepiece with in-built light protection.
DVS reserve the right to modify the data outlined without prior notice (E&OE).