Fischer Connectors is showcasing its new defence and security connectivity solutions at DSEI in London from 12-15 September.
The company partners with prime contractors to provide highly reliable connectivity solutions – both electrical and optical connectors and cable assemblies – mainly for land and dismounted soldier applications to help its customers make their devices smaller, faster and smarter and reduce cost and lead time.
In the Joint Zone of DSEI on stand S4-120, visitors will be able to discover the latest trends in connectivity and find the right solutions for their applications. In the Land Zone, Fischer Connectors will be present in the Dismounted Soldier Showcase row and during the DSEI Seminar Programme, where senior product marketing manager Wim Vanheertum will give his presentation entitled ‘What Modern Soldiers Want: Robust, Fast, Small, Smart Connectors’ (location: East Theatre, Land Zone, North Hall / date and time: Wednesday 13 September, 10:30am-11:30am).
Proven in Dismounted Soldier, Command and Control, and Unmanned and Surveillance applications, Fischer Connectors’ specially designed military connectors are used in most soldier modernisation programmes, especially in C4ISTAR technologies, and meet the need for safe and reliable defence and security operations globally.
The company, whose R&D is located in its worldwide headquarters in Switzerland, designs innovative connectors and cable assembly solutions which fulfil the growing needs in terms of:
- Miniaturisation to further reduce space, weight, and costs
- Ultra-fast and reliable data transmission to transfer large amounts of data securely (USB 3.0, HDMI, Ethernet, EMI shielding, etc.)
- Sealing and ultra-ruggedness to protect equipment against environmental stresses (corrosion, radiation, temperature, chemicals, etc.)
- Usability and wearability to design solutions, which can be easily used in the field
Fischer Connectors’ new rugged, miniature and easy-to-use connectors and cable assemblies showcased at DSEI include:
- Fischer MiniMax™ Series USB 3.0: miniature, high-density signal and power; ensures full compliance with USB 3.0 and improved functionality
- Fischer UltiMate™ Series Power: rugged, compact, lightweight; increases robustness in the field and facilitates integration into applications
- Single-channel fibre-optic FO1: IP68, easy to clean and mate, UPC & SM APC polishing; enhances the flexibility of the Fischer FiberOptic Series known for its robust optical performance even in extreme environments
- Rugged Flash Drive USB 3.0: capacity of up to 128GB, ultra-sealed (IP68/IP69); guarantees the safe storage and transport of data in harsh environments
- LP360: breakthrough wearable solution; low profile, 360° mating and fully cleanable; optimises cable management and enhances usability