Turkish police have started the hunt for the ISIS gunman who killed nearly 39 people at a nightclub in Istanbul, Turkey, during new year celebrations.
The police have already arrested 12 people in Istanbul and released new images of the suspect, BBC News reported.
A video of a man believed to be the attacker has been aired by the Turkish media.
On Sunday, a gunman opened fire with a rapid-fire rifle at Reina nightclub, the New York Times reported.
The gunman might be from Kyrgyzstan or some other place in Central Asia, the American daily newspaper stated citing Turkish newspaper Hurriyet.
He is said to have fired into the crowd after killing a security guard at the nightclub, where close to 600 people were gathered, according to BBC News.
Turkish Government spokesman Numan Kurtulmus was quoted by media sources as saying: “The fact that it was done during the first minutes of 2017 gives an important message.
“The message is, ‘We will go on to menace Turkey in 2017.’ And we say to them, we will break into your caves wherever you are.”
At least 14 suspects have been detained so far in connection with the massacre, ABC News reported.
Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yildirim said: "We will find him, no delay.”