Infantry-led mounted and dismounted operations are in ever greater need of effective fire support.
Peacekeeping, reconnaissance and counter-insurgency operations have the same need.
This need must be met cost-effectively using weapon systems that remain flexible and effective throughout their service lives.
To meet this need, CMI Defence has developed the new Cockerill 3000 Series weapon system.
This unique system comprises a single, common core platform that supports a large variety of configurations and capabilities, from 25mm infantry fighting vehicle (IFV) to 105mm direct fire support vehicle.
The new Cockerill 3000 series product is displayed at the International Defence Exhibition & Conference (IDEX 2015) in two-man 30/40mm form ("Cockerill 3030/40") on the General Dynamics European Land Systems Desert Piranha chassis (CMI Defence stand number 12-C35).
The Cockerill 3000 Series is a unique new turret product from CMI Defence. Conceived to deliver unprecedented levels of value to the user, the Cockerill 3000 series:
- Delivers cutting-edge day/night, stabilised, high-precision weapon system capability.
- Is a single modular, common core platform that provides a single common heart to many products and variants.
- Can be readily configured and re-configured as necessary through-life, according to role and operational demand.
- Interchangeably accepts a wide range of weapon types and caliberres, from 25mm automatic cannon to 105mm NATO-standard tank gun.
- Offers significant reductions in whole-life cost and increases in operational flexibility.
- Is now sold in several different configurations and entering production.