Rajant has announced market expansion of its flagship private wireless network technology.
A pioneer in mobile communications and wireless network infrastructure, Rajant makes powerful, kinetic mesh wireless networks, which offer real-time access to critical applications in voice, data and video.
Businesses, in turn, realise improved operational effectiveness, quality of aervice (QoS), productivity, and return on investment (ROI).
With a pedigree in military and mining applications, Rajant is now expanding the availability of its BreadCrumb® LX5 portable wireless mesh network technology to oil and gas, transportation, municipalities and other sectors of industry.
Traditional mesh networks are capable in stable environments. However, when organisations require high-levels of mobility, throughput and scalability, kinetic mesh networks like Rajant’s have demonstrated greater reliability and security.
Rajant CEO and co-founder Robert Schena said: "Businesses across industries desire efficiencies in their operations for better decision-making, but they have to weigh the cost of collecting the necessary data for achieving such goals.
"Our kinetic mesh network with BreadCrumb LX5 technology provides scalable, mobile and high-bandwidth communications, which drive down the cost of obtaining that next unit of information, so that people, machines and equipment can communicate and thrive.
"Static networks are no longer useful. What’s needed is a ‘Living Network’; adaptable, smart, productive and dynamic, and mobile enough to meet changing organisational demands."
Rajant BreadCrumb LX5 wireless nodes create a private wireless mesh network when deployed with other BreadCrumb nodes.
The more nodes added to the network, the more paths for communication are established, a differentiating factor relative to other networking technologies. The nodes use multiple radios to perform multiple functions concurrently. Each node is independent with full routing capabilities.
Ambra Solutions president and CEO Éric L’Heureux said: "We have found the Rajant BreadCrumb network the only wireless ‘make before break’ network infrastructure in the marketplace, reducing any downtime or service disruption.
"With a Rajant private wireless network, industrial customers are able to establish real-time reliable communication and access, especially for vehicles and people constantly on the move."
Rajant’s patented InstaMesh® routing protocol functions as a mobility enabler within the BreadCrumb network and determines the best path and conditions for communication.
Using intelligent path selection, it can dynamically change frequency routes to avoid interference and maintain connectivity. The results are a high-throughput, low-latency network.
Benefits of BreadCrumb LX5 Technology:
- Supports radio frequencies of 900 Mhz, 2.4GHz, and 5GHz, increasing the paths of communication and mitigating interference
- Includes up to four transceivers and up to six antennas for MIMO (multiple input, multiple output) use, increasing the level of network redundancy
- Supports a maximum physical data rate of 270Mbps
- Supports controller functionality on each node, eliminating single points of failure
- Supports multiple encryption options to ensure network and data security and integrity
- Easily integrates with third-party satellite, wired, point to point wireless and Wi-Fi devices
- Scalable to hundreds of high-bandwidth nodes
- Supports the Internet of Things and Machine-to-Machine communications