Security Structures and Ballistic Barriers
In today’s unstable geopolitical climate it is of paramount importance that military bases and checkpoints are designed to offer their personnel maximum protection against orthodox and unorthodox means of attack. US-based company Nationwide Structures supplies a wide range of security structures and protective barriers for use in all types of key military facilities.
MASS ballistic barriers
The Modular Armored Security Shield (MASS) is the most advanced personal protective barrier ever conceived. This system is designed to replace conventional sandbag, concrete and water-filled emplacements to provide true ballistic protection for vital assets, entry control points, and personal security for sentry and guard positions.
The modular system allows the user to configure the system to suit their mission requirements and is easily adjustable to meet ever-changing threat conditions. The entire system is completely portable for ease of movement, installation and reconfiguration. The modular security shield offers the ultimate in personal security as well as vital asset protection.
The MASS incorporates the following features:
- Modular design
- Single-wrench assembly
- Custom-built shelves for weapons, munitions and equipment, and optional pintle mount adapters
- Capable of mounting most weapons in the military inventory
- 20° angle and ‘smooth face’ design diverts fragmentation down and away from personnel
- Integrated pad eye for lifting with machinery
- Each panel is man-portable with the use of a dolly
- Optional custom sizes and designs are available upon request
- Powder coat finish to provide resistance to sun and saltwater breakdown
- All surfaces are constructed of ⅜in or ½in AR500 (abrasion resistance wear plate)
- All parts are CNC laser-cut for precise fit
- Interlocking tab construction eliminating the need for welds on critical armor plate that would change the steel’s temper and characteristics
- Protection against rounds up to and including .50 caliber steel core ball ammunition at a range of 100m
C-Through Shield weapon shield
Current MK93 and MK26 weapon shields reduce the peripheral view of an operator compromising their ability to assess the battlefield for multiple threats. The original shields were designed in WWII to defend against aerial attacks. Today, however, with small arms threats coming from land and sea, the C-Through Shield™ weapon shield provides the best protection; it incorporates a transparent system that provides virtually the same type of protection while allowing the operator or machine gunner to have a clearer view of the battlefield.
The options for ballistic-rated glass or polycarbonate include a patent-pending use of laminated camouflage that reduces glare and can be used to create one-way glass so the enemy cannot see the operator behind the shield. This camouflage can be printed in virtually any color to include standard camouflage patterns or be customized with a unit’s logo.
Like the MASS, the C-Through Shield weapon shield is able to withstand threats from .50 caliber weapons.
Nationwide Structures also supplies a wide range of security structures for use in military bases and checkpoints. These include sentry booths, mobile guardhouses and watchtowers. All structures offer an unparalleled level of protection to the personnel manning them.
About Nationwide Structures’ prefabricated structures
Nationwide Structures has been providing prefabricated structures to the government and defense industry since our incorporation in 1986. Our participation in numerous AT / FP security upgrade projects has enabled us to form alliances with several trading partners, and as a result we are able to offer a complete line of prefabricated structures.
These include vehicle barriers; ballistic-rated modular security shields and fighting positions tested and certified to UL752 Level 8; bullet resistant and blast-resistant buildings and components, tested and certified to UL, NIJ, and DOS standards; the new "Barrier1" vehicle barrier system; and structural steel mezzanines, catwalks and towers.