TeleCommunication Systems Europe, a provider of high-reliability electronics components, innovative semiconductor packaging, survivable data storage,...
Trident Space & Defense, headquartered in Torrance, California, specialises in high-reliability electronics components, innovative
semiconductor packaging, survivable data storage, and ultra-rugged solid state drives (SSDs). Trident also designs and operates
turnkey ground stations for national space agencies. For over 30 years, Trident has delivered high-reliability electronic components and
subsystems to the aerospace and defence industries.
In December, 2010, Trident became a subsidiary of TeleCommunications Systems (TCS) of Annapolis, Maryland. Trident extends
TCS’s expertise in end-to-end secure wireless communications, and provides an AS/EN/JISQ9100/ISO 9001-certified engineering design and packaging centre for TCS’s SwiftLink line of satellite-based communication systems.
Trident Space & Defense has three business units:
- Advanced products group (APG)
- Electronic components group
- Ground systems group
For over 30 years, Trident Space & Defense has supplied a wide variety of memory modules to the space and military communities. To meet the needs for increased data storage, non-volatile memory and very low-power solid state data recorders, Trident Space &
Defense provides an 8-Gbit Radiation Tolerant SLC NAND Flash Module, under DOC classification EAR99 no license required dual
The 8-Gbit memory module consists of a single 8-Gbit (1024Mx8) die in a 48-lead ceramic package and is configured as an
asynchronous NAND Flash. The module is based on SLC NAND technology and meets all Class level S requirements as defined in
Existing or prospective customers interested in receiving further details of this advanced NAND Flash Module are invited to visit our website or contact us directly.
- Single-level cell (SLC) technology
- Reliable CMOS floating gate technology
- Endurance: 100K program / erase cycles
- Data retention: 10 years
- Device configuration
- Page size x8: 4320 bytes (4096 + 224 bytes)
- Block size: 128 pages (512K x 28K bytes)
- Plane size: 2 planes x 1024 blocks per plane
- Device size: 2048 blocks (8Gb)
- Page read performance:
- Random read: 25 microseconds (maximum)
- Data retention: 25 nanoseconds (minimum)
- Fast write cycle time:
- Program time: 230 microseconds (typical)
- Block erase time: 700 microseconds (typical)
- Operating voltage range: Vcc 2.7V — 3.6V
- Die radiation characteristics
- 50krad(Si) High dose rate (MIL-STD-883,
- 100krad(Si) Natural space dose (<0.1rad(Si)/s)
- SEL immune to LETs < 55 MeV-cm2/mg; exhibits SEL at LETs > 55 MeV-cm2/mg
- SEU: < 43 MeV-cm2/mg, X-section : 1.89E-15 cm2/byte
- SEFI: < 43 MeV-cm2/mg, X-section : 5.97E-07 cm2/device
- Operating temperature: -40°C to 85°C
- Storage temperature (TSTG): -65°C to 150°C
(Data retention not assured at temperatures over 85°C)
- Hermetic HTCC package:
- 22.38mm x 15.69mm x 4.48mm (body only)
Except for the historical information contained herein, this news release contains forward-looking statements as defined within Section 27A of
the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. These statements are
subject to risks and uncertainties and are based upon TCS’ current expectations and assumptions that if incorrect would cause actual results to
differ materially from those anticipated. Risks include without limitation those detailed from time to time in the Company’s SEC reports, including
the reports on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2010, and on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended March 31, 2011.
Existing and prospective investors are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the
date hereof. The Company undertakes no obligation to update or revise the information in this press release, whether as a result of new
information, future events or circumstances, or otherwise.
Solid state drives (SSDs) have been used for many years as storage in embedded applications...
Solid state drives (SSDs) have been used for a number of years as storage in...
TeleCommunication Systems Europe has released a free buyer's guide to selecting and using SSD technology...