WB Group has delivered the first batch of mini class UAS FLYEYE to the Polish...
The SKOM Mortar Fire Control System is designed to control and perform, safely and precisely, fire execution tasks of towed mortars. The SKOM system is also focused on reducing human errors. It allows to engage automatically and individually recognized targets as an independent unit, or targets recognized by other reconnaissance units (FCS TOPAZ, FCS AZALIA). The target data can also be introduced to the system manually.
The SKOM system provides possibility to coordinate fire execution tasks performed by other mortar units in the company formation (1 up to 2 platoons) and by artillery fire control system TOPAZ.
The system is operable during night or daytime. A laser rangefinder is employed to locate desired targets with great precision. All observation is performed in real time conditions. The SKOM system is also able to capture video frames and distribute it to the higher command levels.
The SKOM Mortar Fire Control System consists of three or four combat posts, depending on whether the platoon is part of a company or operating as an independent support unit. No special vehicle is required to transport the equipment.
The exchange of information between the system posts (data, voice, images) can be carried out by field cable or wirelessly by employing radio assets. The SKOM system can be interfaced with any other fire control system.
The SKOM combat posts are:
- Forward observers post – the set of forward observer equipment includes a tripod mounted observation device with an optoelectronics camera and the Automated Artillery Reconnaissance Module (AARM) consisting of a computer terminal and a tactical radio. Additionally forward observers are equipped with personal radios providing voice communication among the formation crew
- Mortar commander post – the mortar commander post is provided with a Portable Communications Information Module (PCIM) mounted on his tactical vest and arm that consists of a terminal with a display, and a personal radio with a headset. The commander’s terminal displays all relevant data. It also allows to enter all pieces of information required to execute mortar fire tasks and communicates readiness to fire. It displays ballistic settings calculated by the artillery system (distance, angle, reference point), as well as parameters including the type of projectiles and their cartridge
- Portable platoon commander post – the platoon commander coordinates execution of firing tasks by receiving information from the observation post (e.g. information about the target) and delivering orders to the respective mortar commanders
- Tactical communications module (TCM) – the components of the Tactical Communications Module are mounted on a specially designed frame. It provides voice communication between the formation crew
- Meteorological station – the system allows connection of a meteorological station. It supplies the SKOM system with information about current air temperature, atmospheric pressure, as well as the direction and speed of the wind. This data shortens the preparation time of fire execution task, also it increases precision of projectile impact
WB Group is pleased to announce the evolution of its TOPAZ software system from only...
On 18 April, WB GROUP (WBG), represented by WBE TECHNOLOGIES (WBET), Malaysia, officially signed the...
The Abu Dhabi desert has seen the official UAV FLYEYE airshow that capped off WB...