Xplore Technologies, the manufacturer of the world’s most powerful, longest-lasting and rugged tablets on the market, today announced that it has introduced the RangerX- the company’s first fully-rugged Android tablet, which combines sleek versatility with Xplore’s proven powerful rugged performance, available now from Steatite Rugged Systems. The new lightweight tablet provides the largest storage capacity on the market, has a brilliant outdoor viewable display and is certified as being fully-rugged, holding both IP65 and MIL-STD 810G ratings.
President and chief operating officer for Xplore Technologies Mark Holleran said:"With more than 15 years of testing, research and development, Xplore has demonstrated the ability to bring proven technology to the rugged space."
"We’re adding to that legacy with the RangerX, the most durable Android tablet available."
The lightweight 10.1in tablet is ideal for field service applications in industries such as utilities, energy, warehousing, logistics, transportation, military and public safety. In addition, the RangerX is the only rugged Android tablet to provide an optional integrated module with gigabit ethernet and HDMI-In connections, making it ideal for satellite, cable, broadband and telecommunication providers.
"Our customers in the carrier space want to be able to reduce the number of tools their field service workers need to get the job done," added Holleran.
"With the capability provided by the optional HDMI-In and gigabit ethernet, not only do they have the perfect tool for work-order management, but they can also validate and diagnose installation or service issues on-site with one device."
The RangerX weighs 2.2lbs, and looks and feels more like a contemporary tablet than a traditional rugged device. The tablet has a battery life up to 10 hours to maximise time in the field and boost productivity, which allows for a full working shift on one charge. In addition, the tablet’s vibrant outdoor viewable, multi-touch display allows for seamless transition from indoors to outdoors.
Xplore Technologies chief executive officer and chairman of the board Philip S. Sassower said: "The RangerX is not only fully rugged, but also offers a wide range of multifaceted capabilities to adapt to the needs of enterprise, field service and data collection workers facing various elements."
"The new RangerX highlights our commitment to expand our product offerings in order to meet specialised customer needs."
Fully Rugged and Powerful
The new RangerX tablet comes standard with Xplore’s well-known rugged features:
- Rugged for any extreme environment: waterproof and dustproof (IP65) and designed to survive real world conditions (MIL-STD 810G)
- Lightweight platform: 2.2lbs with a ten-hour battery life
- Powerful performance: Dual Core ARM Cortex A9 Processor, 32GB of storage (expandable to 192GB of RAM) and Google Android 4.0.4
- Full communications suite: Bluetooth 4.0.4, GPS and Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g/n)
- Brilliant Display: IPS 1366 x 768 resolution and a multi-touch screen
- Expansive inputs/outputs: 5MP Rear and 1.2MP 720P Front Cameras, HDMI-Out, USB ports, RFID reader and more
- Versatile for any industry
The RangerX is fully optimised with features designed for all environments, including:
- Telecommunications and cable: optional HDMI-In and RJ-45 features allow telecommunications and cable workers to consolidate all equipment into a single device- an industry first.
- Warehousing, Logistics, etc.: integrated RFID and NFC capabilities come standard in the RangerX, increasing operational efficiency and accuracy in distribution centers, warehousing, logistics and transportation industries. In addition, the RangerX is compatible with all major Bluetooth and USB barcode scanners.
- Military: the common access card (CAC) reader option and FIPS 140-2 compliancy provides the most secure rugged experience for government and military operations.
The RangerX lowers total cost of ownership and increases overall operational efficiency. It comes with a standard three-year warranty, and is currently available through Xplore channel partners including Steatite Rugged Systems.
The RangerX is the latest edition to Xplore’s portfolio. The fully-rugged Android tablet complements Xplore’s existing iX104C ultra-rugged product line. The iX104C devices are optimised to perform in extreme conditions and hazardous environments, and deploy high-end enterprise level applications with confidence and reliability.