If you are looking for a Xeon Server that is ‘Rugged by Design’, fanless, and meets the various standards needed for applications in transportation, railway, maritime, or defence, then the MXCS from MPL is the solution you need to take a closer look.
The market is full with Xeon 19in Rack Servers, Industrial or MIL-spec servers presented on the web. If one goes to the inside information of the various offers, then the limitations are quickly visible.
Hardly any of the tough Xeon servers come without fans or can be operated at an extended temperature, or they are limited in the numbers of CPU cores or amount of RAM.
The MXCS from MPL offers real server processing power, maximum memory capacity, and ultimate flexibility (M-COTS).
The MXCS (MPL Xeon Class Server) has been designed from scratch based on MPL’s design experience since 1985, with the aim to create a rugged fanless multicore server to be used in tough and unfriendly environments.
• Is fanless by design
• Uses components for extended temperature
• Uses components out of embedded programmes with long-term availability
• Is designed to meet most rugged requirements in transport and defence, as well as any other tough environment or application
With the MXCS design you do not need to workout compromises, it simply fulfills all your needs.
The MXCS Xeon server solution is passively conductive cooled and designed for an environment of -20°C to 60°C. The conductive cooling concept can be adapted to its installation place or add-ons. On request it can even be equipped with a failure protected ventilation array, without blowing air and dust over the electronics.
The rugged Xeon server is available in a compact enclosure for wall or desktop mounting, as a 2U 19in rack solution, or a sealed IP67 MIL housing with MIL-38999 connectors.
The MXCS concept is SWaP-C (Size, Weight, Power, and Cooling) optimised and requires less than 60W in full operation with 16 cores. It can be adjusted to basically any application and needs due to its various buses and interfaces.
The MXCS has features such as:
• 4 x mSATA or M.2 for mass storage
• 4 x mPCIe slots with retention capabilities
• 4 x PCIe x1, or 1 x PCIe x8 and 1 x PCIe x1
• Expansion capabilities for GPGPU on MXM, PCIe (such as RAID, high-end graphics or XMC)
• Up to 128GB registered ECC DDR4 memory
• BMC for remote management (IPMI)
• Redundant Boot Flash
• Optional TPM module, with Intel chip or FPGA
• 2Gbit x 10Gbit LAN fibre ports
The MXCS is the perfect solution for an unlimited range of applications such as data centres, C4ISR, EW, imaging processing, surveillance, virtual machines, or any application that requires most processing power in a small space without the need of a fan and highest reliability.
The MXCS is 100% designed and produced by MPL in Switzerland. The MXCS is designed to meet standards such as CE, UL, MIL-STD-810G, MIL-STD-461F, MIL-STD-704F, MIL-STD-1275D, CE, EN50155 or IEC 60945.
For more specific information, please contact MPL.