The Barrett PRC-2083 50W tactical VHF re-broadcast system is typically used to link two low band VHF networks, providing extended range to overcome communication difficulties due to distance or terrain. The two networks can use different security options (frequency hopping and encryption), providing a field deployable interoperability solution.
The re-broadcast system utilises two PRC-2084 50W systems and incorporates a nine-band co-location filter assembly and AC / DC power supply with battery backup facilities all housed in a MIL-SPEC ruggedised transportable case, allowing for easy deployment in any field environment.
The standard package comprises:
- Two PRC-2080 VHF transceivers
- Vehicle docking station for two PRC-2080 transceivers
- Two 50W VHF amplifiers
- Two advanced tactical handsets
- AC power supply
- Bandpass filter panel
- Transportation casing
- Two rugged external mount speakers
- Tactical installation kit
- Barrett PRC-2080 operation and installation manual