Sprung Rapidly Deployable Engineered Membrane Structures for the Defence Industry
Sprung is the inventor of the stressed membrane structure, engineered to accommodate the need for enclosed space quickly and economically.
This innovative building solution utilises architectural membrane panels placed under high tension within a non-corroding aluminium substructure, and an optional superior-performing, energy-efficient Johns Manville formaldehyde-free insulation package is available.
- Speed of delivery and construction
- Widths from 9.1m to 60.9m (30ft to 200ft) by any length
- Large variety of cargo and hangar doors options
- Energy-efficient insulation package
- Re-locatable, clear span design
- Limited foundation requirements
- Lightweight, aluminum substructure to reduce transportation costs
Sprung structures compare to pre-engineered metal buildings and conventional construction by various methods:
Speed of delivery and construction
- A Sprung structure can be shipped from inventory and erected at a rate of up to 2,000ft2 (186 square metres) per day
- Businesses can open ahead of schedule or expand production quickly
- Modular clear span design ensures Sprung structures are re-locatable and expandable
- Structures may be disassembled, moved and completely reconfigured
Limited foundation requirements
- Provided appropriate soil conditions exist, foundations are not required on structures up to 48.8m (160ft)
- Saves time and money
Energy efficient fibreglass insulation package
- Virtually air tight membrane building envelope combined with a fully lofted fibreglass insulation package ensures maximum heating and cooling performance in any location.
- With more than 12,000 structures erected in 100 countries worldwide, Sprung ensures exceptional service and support. We offer a 30 year guarantee on rust proof aluminum substructure and up to 20 year guarantee on architectural membrane.
Defence industry applications
- Re-locatable clear span design
- Daylight panels in peak provide an optimum amount of natural daylight while lowering operating costs
- Limited foundation requirements
Optional hangar doors include:
- Telescoping Door Design (TDS)
- Vertical Lifting Fabric Doors
- Hydraulic Lifting Doors
- Centre Point Rotation Doors
- Centre point rotational hangar doors are easy to open and provide a non-powered manual door ideal for remote locations
- On site warehousing, general dynamics exterior, warehouse internal
- Clearspan design provides maximum flexibility for warehouse racking options
- Can be erected on raw dirt, asphalt or concrete
Food Services: Bob Hope interior
- Optional fibreglass insulation package provides ideal heating and cooling efficiency
- Protective doorhoods and vestibules divert snow and rain from entrances
- Gymnasiums, weight rooms, pool enclosures, racquet sports and arenas
Sprung Structures is a member of the Sprung Group of Companies established in 1887, which has achieved international recognition by providing building solutions for thousands of different applications in more than 100 countries worldwide.
Shell Nigeria Helicopter Hangar
Sprung Structures provide immediate cost effective engineered solutions for remote helicopter hangars.
Sprung: High Performance Building Solutions
Proven quality and durability at remote sites around the globe have made Sprung Structures the world's leading tensioned membrane structure manufacturer for military applications.
Sprung Structures New Aviation Brochure Featuring New Hangar Technology
Immediately available from inventory, Sprung structures are versatile in application and custom design, offer a wide range of hangar door options and efficient insulation packages.
Sprung Structures is the world's leading tensioned membrane structure manufacturer for military applications.Read more
Immediately available from inventory, Sprung structures are versatile in application and custom design, offer a wide range of hangar door options and efficient insulation packages.Read more
PO Box 62
Maple Leaf Road
Alberta T0L 0A0