Parvus, a business unit of Curtiss-Wright Controls Defense Solutions, ruggedises Cisco switches and routers for use in military, aerospace, railway, and other demanding embedded systems applications. Rugged DuraMAR and DuraNET subsystems from Parvus integrate the Cisco 5915, 5921, ESS 2020, 2955, 4948, and IE-3000 to perform under extreme thermal, shock, vibration, dust, water, and humidity conditions. Certified to MIL-STD-810G and/or other environmental/EMI standards, these rugged Cisco-based mobile networking solutions are optimised for size, weight, power and cost (SWaP-C) and are ready for tactical deployment in ground vehicle, aircraft, maritime and/or rolling stock applications.
Parvus' tactical mission processors, network routers and Ethernet switch products provide highly reliable command, control, computing and communication (C4) capabilities for situational awareness and mobile data processing in airborne, ground vehicle, and naval installations. Feel free to contact us via the enquiry form below.
Rugged mission computers for the defense industry
The DuraCOR 80-40 is a rugged tactical mission computer subsystem with a high-performance Intel Core i7 processor (Sandy Bridge), integrated graphics processor unit (GPU), 8GB of RAM, dual removable SSD slots, and stackable PCI-Express bus (PCIe104) architecture. A modular interlocking chassis enables system I/O expansion or combination computer and networking appliance solutions.
- Intel 2nd Generation Core i7 (Sandy Bridge) processor
- 2x GigE, 6x USB, 2x RS232, 16x GPDIO, analog / digital video, audio, PS2
- Dual removable SATA SSD storage (sealed, hinged panel on rear)
- Pre-installed MIL-38999 connectors and Open PCIe104 or PCI/104-Express card slots
- Modular interlocking enclosure is factory mateable with DuraMAR 5915 router
- Designed for MIL-810G shock, vibration, thermal, altitude, humidity
The DuraCOR 810-Duo is a rugged, multi-core mission computer with Intel Core2Duo CPU, gigabit and fast Ethernet, dual video display, six USB ports, eSATA and removable CF SSD. Internal CF SSD runs Linux/Windows or VxWorks. Six PCI-104 card slots and 79 spare pins support I/O expansion.
- Multi-Core Intel Core2Duo 1.5GHz processor with dual Ethernet
- Removable CF SSD, Internal 1.8in SATA and External eSATA
- 6x Open PCI-104 expansion slots in PC104 railed card cage
- Custom configurations available
The DuraCOR 830 is a rugged, small form-factor mission processor with low-power Intel Atom Z530 CPU, gigabit Ethernet, MIL-1275 / 704 power, dual SSDs, DIO, optional MIL-STD-1553. Two PC104+ card slots and 100+ spare pins support I/O expansion.
- Low-power Intel Atom 1.6GHz processor with gigabit Ethernet
- Small form factor (<4in high, <4lb weight) rugged chassis
- Removable CF SSD, optional dual-channel MIL-STD-1553
SWaP-optimized rugged routers
The DuraMAR 5915 is a SWaP-optimized mobile IP router based on Cisco 5915 ESR. It features a MIL-STD qualified, modular mechanical packaging optimized for situational awareness upgrades and migration from legacy Cisco 3200 MARs. It is available as standalone 10/100 five-port network router with dual WAN uplinks or as router + GigE switch combo (19 Ethernet ports total).
The router supports extensive IPv6 routing protocols, IDS/VPN/AES/NSA Suite B encryption, CME Express, IP multicasting, radio aware routing (RAR), dynamic link exchange protocol (DLEP), mobile ad hoc networking (MANET), and mobile IP routing - for transparent connectivity to a roaming vehicle network in Comms on the Move (COTM) applications.
- Cisco IOS managed - ruggedized Cisco 5915 ESR
- Standalone router / router + gigabit Ethernet switch
- Dual router uplinks, plus up to 17 switch ports
- C5915 card common criteria and FIPS 140-2 certificate pending
- MIL-STD-810G, MIL-STD-461F, MIL-STD-1275 / 704
The DuraNET 3000 is a ruggedized modular Cisco IE-3000 industrial Ethernet switch scales port density from 10 to 18 or 26 in IP67 sealed, extended temperature chassis with MIL-STD-1275 / 704 compliant power supply. Fully IOS managed with optional Layer 3 IP Services.
- Ruggedized Cisco IE-3000 Ethernet switch with 8 / 16 / 24x
- 10/100 Ethernet ports + 2x GigE uplinks
- Layer 2 LAN IOS or Layer 3 IP Services IOS with routing
- Protocols - static, RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, PIM
- -40°C to 71°C fanless extended temperature operation; chassis sealed against water, dust, EMI
- IEEE-1588 precision timing protocol (PTP) for nano-second precision
The DuraNET 1268 is a rugged 10-port gigabit Ethernet switch with web / Telnet / CLI management, port monitoring, rapid spanning tree protocol (RSTP), VLAN trunking, QoS/CoS queuing and secure erase capabilities. It is qual tested for extreme MIL-STD-461F EMI/EMC and MIL-STD-810G thermal, shock, vibe, humidity, altitude, and ingress, as well as RTCA/DO-160G airworthiness tests. In addition, it features rugged MIL-DTL-38999 connectors (front panel) and optional tactical fiber optic cable assembly (TFOCA II) connectors (rear).
- Layer 2 10-port lightly managed gigabit Ethernet switch
- Web browser, serial command line interface, Telnet server
- 802.1p quality of service (QoS), VLAN, STP, RSTP, Zeroize
- MIL-STD-810G, MIL-STD-461F, DO-160, MIL-STD-1275 / 704
- MIL-DTL-38999 / tactical fiber optic support
- -40ºC to 71ºC fanless operation
- Data zeroization support for secure data
3222 S. Washington St.
Salt Lake City
United States of America
+1 801 483 1533
+1 801 483 1523
Available White Papers
Merging Computing and Comms to Address Military Vehicle SWaP Requirements Thanks to ever increasing semiconductor integration and creative engineering, more subsystems functionality can be squeezed into a single compact system than ever before. Military vehicles are taking advantage by combining modular systems.
Engineering Today’s Military Electronics to Meet Size, Weight and Power Demands The military has a strong directive when it comes to military electronics - reduce size, weight and power (SWaP).