Weapon Systems Technology for Defence and Security Forces
- Company Details
- Products & Services
- White Papers
- Press Releases
- Regional Offices
- Contact Company
EXPAL develops, manufactures, integrates and maintains products, systems and services for the defence and security sectors.
EXPAL offers the armed forces a wide range of solutions for supporting and improving their operational capabilities. This includes adapting to the nature of their missions and providing technological developments.
- Artillery ammunition
- Demolition stores
- EOD equipment
- EOD services and soil remediation
- Insensitive munitions (IM) warhead fill
- Integrated mortar systems
- Light weapon ammunition
- Medium caliber cannon ammunition
- Mortar ammunition
- Mortar systems
- Propelling charges
- SAZEC area control system
- TECHFIRE information system and ballistic computers for fire support
- Vehicle maintenance and integrated logistic support services
Leading ammunitions, explosives and EOD services
EXPAL is a leader of the ammunition and explosives sector in Spain, as well as one of the main providers of demilitarization and explosive ordnance disposal (EOD) services worlwide.
Maintenance services and integrated logistics support
EXPAL also offers maintenance services and integrated logistic support for platforms and systems.
EXPAL maintenance services and logistic support offers solutions for the maintenance and modernisation of platforms and equipment armies in order to optimise and extend their life cycle, both in the systems already in service and future acquisitions.
The capabilities of EXPAL, along with its commitment to cooperation with other leading companies to cover major programs, are the base that support the provision of EXPAL`s offer in maintenance and modernisation of platforms.
Research and development of new technologies for military applications
Technology is the engine of EXPAL's progress. The programmes of R+D and innovation that EXPAL develops are centered on the following:
- Support to the operative capacities of troops
- Improving the protection of military platforms and crews
- Systems of weapons for rapid deployment and high mobility
- Increase of the scope, effectiveness and precision of ammunitions, reducing collateral damages
- Development of intelligent ammunition by the incorporation of the electronics
- Reduction in the vulnerability of ammunition stored against external assaults
- Designs and innovations that assure the safety in the employment of the ammunitions in all environmental conditions
- Rocket engines for spatial applications
- Development of non-lethal armaments
The company's department of R+D is responsible of the design and development of new products, as well as the improvement and adequacy of existing ones to meet specific requirements of the customer and comes from collaborating with the Spanish Ministry of Defence and its armed forces, as well as leading companies technologically in the sector, in many successful programmes.
EXPAL also collaborates in international programmes of R+D with official organisations and companies to meet the technological developments demanded by the armies across European programmes of co-operation.
Developing technology to optimise defence and security operations
EXPAL puts into practice its corporate policies as a basis of its action to:
- Offering maximum quality in all products and services
- Minimize, if any, environmental impact of its activities
- Get the highest security standards
- Develop a continuous improvement in R+D activity as a basis of its technological development. The key for success is to get the best results in all activities EXPAL is involved
Available White Papers
EIMOS Integrated Mortar System EXPAL, a leading manufacturer of mortar systems (weapon systems and ammunition) has developed an integrated mortar system known as EIMOS.
SAZEC Deployable Zone Control System SAZEC is a surveillance, control and protection system specially designed for operations. Totally adapted to the current scenarios, the multi-sensors capacity let you detect, locate, identify and react gradually against an intrusion attempt in the protected area.